Chapter :- 16

"Uh?" Mingwan muttered as his eyes opened to the view of his best friends gathered around him.
"Oh, thank God you are okay!!" Naehee exclaimed, putting her arms around him. "Don't. EVER. Scare me like that again, promise?"

"Promise." He sheepishly said, hugging her back. He motioned the others to join them, and they too engulfed him in a big group hug.

"Okay, now you're choking me." He said after a few minutes and they let go of him, apologizing. "What happened?" He asked, looking at Silnae. "You know, after I passed out?"

She told him everything that happened. He nodded along, telling her that it was a good idea to call her brother. "I guess it was a bad plan to jump in on them with only two of us." He said. "Ya think?" Silnae snorted.

"So, where's Daemin?" Mingwan asked, and Naehee winced at the name of him. It was her cousin after all. "He is currently at the warehouse." Taehyung said. He helped Mingwan up. "We're gonna go see him. Wanna come?"

Mingwan scoffed. "You kidding?" He stripped off his blanket. "S**t's going down, and I'm not gonna miss it."

                       *     *     *     *

"Are you nervous?" Silnae asked Naehee, putting an arm around her shoulders as they reached the warehouse. Naehee whimpered and said, "I really don't know. I mean, I never would have thought he would do this. If I hadn't overreacted with Suhwin and broke up with him, maybe this wouldn't have happen-"

"Hey, don't even THINK that this is your fault, okay?" Hoseok said. Jimin agreed and said, "Yeah. You did what you had to do."

Taehyung and the rest who were walking in front of them stopped. They turned to us and said, "Ready?"
"I feel like I am answering a lot to that question lately." Silnae said. "Yeah, we're ready."

"Hope you're having a great time here, Daemin." Taehyung mockingly said as they walked to Daemin.

"Yeah, it's been a real pleasure." He replied. Naehee's worried expression turned into pure hatred as she walked to her cousin in quick long strides. "You... You... Traitor!!!" She screamed at him, grabbing his shoulders. He just smiled. "Yes, Naenae?"

"Don't call me that." Her voice matched a bit with Namjoon as she said that. "You betrayed all of us by joining the rival gang, and you paired up with the person who hurt me the most, physically and mentally, to make me feel on edge. How could you?!"

"This gang is absolute garbage." Daemin said, making everyone clench their fists in anger. "And you?" He said, pointing at Naehee. "You deserved what he did to you. Because your nothing but a trash slut."

Mingwan hitched his breath, glaring at Daemin. He almost ran to him to knock him out, but Taehyung held him back. "I know it hurts but we can't kill him." He said to Mingwan. "Yet." The others stared in disbelief at the words coming out of the Daemin's mouth.

"H- How dare y-you..." Naehee's lips were quivering, she was trying her level best to hold back her tears, yet failing to do so. They ran down her cheeks as she bit her lips to avoid sobbing. Silnae put a hand over her forehead. "That son of a b-"

'Slap!' The sound caused everyone to suddenly look towards them, seeing Naehee's hand leave a red mark on Daemin's face. Her effort to avoid crying failed as she shouted at him, tears leaving her eyes, "I can't believe you! I though of you as family! My own cousin doing this to me! I hate you! I HATE YOU DAEMIN!!!" She slapped him again. Namjoon ran to her and stopped her before she did something she'd regret.

"Is it weird that that turned me on a little bit?" Mingwan asked Jimin, who looked at him with a 'ew' look, saying, "Seriously, what's wrong with you?" Namjoon came to them, clutching his sister who was crying into his arms. "I'm gonna take her home." They nodded and he left.

"Are you gonna tell us what the hell you were doing with Suhwin?" Jin asked Daemin. He shook his head. "You're gonna kill me anyway, so why should I help you?" He asked, earning a chuckle from Taehyung.

"You're right..." He said. "But... There's a smaaalll difference. If you say what happened, you due fast and easy. But if you don't...." He came closer to Daemin. "We'll torture you... So hard, you won't remember your own name."

Daemin gulped as he stared at Taehyung with disbelieving eyes. "UHH!" He scoffed. "Like you would do that."

"Watch me." He said and turned back, walking towards the others who gave him a thumbs up. Daemin let out a huge breath out and said, "Okay, I'll talk." They all turned to look at him with a confused look and Jimin squeaked, "Wh-What?"

"I'll talk." He repeated and Yoongi grunted, "Finally."

"Yeah, I send those letters to Naehee. And I joined the gang on purpose to throw you off and take charge." He admitted. "I wanted to hurt Naehee. I was doing whatever Suhwin tells me to." Hoseok glared at him. "Why?"

"Because of him." He said, pointing to Taehyung. "I have always wanted to be the leader. I was one of the people who got a chance to be in your father's list of successors for when he retired, but I would have known that he would give the title to his precious son."

Taehyung gritted his teeth, ready to kill him. He took a few deep breaths. "I didn't get the job because I'm his son. I worked for it and earned it." He said, hoarsely. "You were just a lazy jerk, while I did what I should to get the title. I deserved it, and you did not."

Daemin scoffed. "Deserved, as if." He said. "Everyone knows you're just a stupid guy who don't know what the hell he is doing."

"That's it." Silnae said, walking to the guy and punching him. If there's one thing she cannot take, it's lowlifes like him insulting her brother. "Stupid guy? Go look in the mirror, asshole."

"Say your goodbyes, Daemin. This is your last chance." Taehyung said. "What, you're not going to hurt me? Torture me for insulting your precious little mafia?" Daemin asked.

"I told you that I wouldn't if you tell me the truth. And that's what makes us different from your gang, Daemin. We know to keep our word."

"You're just weak." Daemin smirked. "You don't know to do anything, V. you're just a dumb trash leader."

"Really? Think so??" V took out his gun, pointing it at Daemin as he nodded. He placed his finger on top of the trigger. "You won't be thinking for long."

Daemin's hands vibrated as he said, "Yo-You don't have t-the guts ..."

"You obviously don't know me, Daemin. You only know me as the leader who leads this mafia and does all the jobs. But, I'm V. Who loves his family more than himself and will do anything to make sure they're safe. And they will not be, as long as you are." V replied, mentally counting to three. One, two... "Bye bye, jackass." Three.

                           'BANG!!'
       ----------------------------------------

A/N
Just to be clear, the dialogues that Taehyung said was suddenly labelled as V. That's because when his mafia persona comes out, he changes from the easy outgoing brother to the ruthless cold gang leader who's name is V. They both are the same person.

Thanks for reading!!!
-MS