s e v e n : unjustified unfairness

○○○

"We're having an assembly talk?" [Name] asked as she and Gakushuu walked towards the hall. He gave a nod to her question.

"Yes, it's to explain the events that are going to happen this year, examples are the sports festival, examinations, etc," He explained along the way, as they entered the backstage.

"So then why am I the one presenting? I only transfered a month ago and I have no particular affiliation with the Student Council." She asked again, shooting a confused look at the boy in front of her.

"I have a meeting with one of the school's sponsors during the assembly so I won't be able to give the presentation. You're the only capable person I know to give out the presentation. " Gakushuu bluntly replied as he passed a script towards [Name]. She raised an eyebrow at him. "But why can't the other student council members present?"

Gakushuu gave a small sigh. "People tend to pay attention more when there's an attractive person on stage. I would have asked Ren but we all know that he would probably go off track with his poems." [Name] gave a small laugh at his last few words, muffling it with her hand.

"Fair enough, so this is basically my script for the whole assembly?" She said, scheming through the paper on both sides. She glanced up from the paper and he gave a curt nod.

"Also, I apologise if this is sudden. I didn't realised two things would clashed and between the assembly and the meeting, I'd pick the latter." Gakushuu apologised and did a small bow but [Name] defensively waved her hands in front of her face. "You don't need to bow!" She panicked and he immediately stood back up.

"Speaking of which, you should probably hurry to that meeting of yours." [Name] pointed out, glancing at the clock on the wall across of them. Gakushuu, too, glanced over. "Ah, thanks for reminding me. See you after the meeting." He spoke before he hurried off. She waved him goodbye, her smile wide as she watched him leave. Once his back was out of view, she stopped and curled her fingers downwards. Her smile dwindled slightly as she quietly walked deeper into the backstage.

As she sat down on a nearby chair, she noticed a boy wearing glasses carrying a stack of papers. [Name] looked at it carefully, noticing how each stack was labelled and seperated by classes. The only class she couldn't find was the E Class. Confused, she got up from her chair and walked over to the table where the boy she was placing the papers on.

"I'm sorry but I happened to noticed, why is there no stack for class 3-E?" [Name] asked him, pointing at the few stacks of paper.

The boy was startled and his glasses went askew. He started mumbling and re-adjusting his glasses.

"W-Well Araki t-told me to p-print only for t-the classes and not t-the E c-class." The boy mumbled, slightly red as he held his trembling fingers together.

[Name]'s eyebrows furrowed down, anger started to bubbled inside of her. "I don't get it, why don't they like the E Class? We all are human, why are we discriminating against one another?" She grumbled softly.

His fell slightly, eyes averted down to the floor."I-I know t-that their humans l-like us but i-it has always b-been like this." The boy stuttered, a frown was formed on his lips.

[Name] could see how guilty the boy felt and let out a small sigh. Her hand reached out and gave a few pats on his shoulder. "Don't feel guilty, you were just doing what you were told to do."

She then pulled out a piece of paper from the stack and turned her back against him. "I'm taking a piece with me, I'm going for a walk!" [Name] informed him, to his surprised.