t w e n t y - s i x : spilled words

○●●

"Oh yeah, I was meaning to ask you something." Gakushuu said out of the blue as the two of them walked outside of school and into the walkway outside. [Name] gave an acknowledging hum, turning her head to face him.

"Last Friday, you got into a black Porsche car that did not went into the direction of your home. Earlier this morning, there was students also talking about your grand arrival in that same car as I said before." Gakushuu spoke, their eyes locked for a while, before [Name] awkwardly broke the gaze by averting her eyes away.

"So question is, where did you go?"

With an awkward laugh, she scratched the side of her head with her finger, looking away as she tried to come up with the most simple explanation she could muster.

"My grandmother is back in the country and she wanted me to stay with her until she has to go back to the States, which I will be following along as well once summer break starts." [Name] explained, turning back the front to take a sharp right turn, in which Gakushuu followed as well. She shot him a confused look.

"I take this path as well." He answered to her the question in her head. She nodded in acknowledgement before he followed it up with another question, "You're going to America for the summer?"

"Just for two weeks, I'll be back in Japan about less then a month before school starts."

"Why are you going there?" Gakushuu asked, a laugh escaped her lips.

"My my, you have a lot of questions. " She said in a teasing tone, accompanied with a grin that managed to get his heart skipping a beat. "Isn't it obvious, I want to spend time with my grandma."

"She's the best, she spoils me way too much but maybe that's why I'm so attached to her." [Name] rambled on slightly about her grandmother, telling him short stories she had about her and how much she admired her grandmother.

"She sounds amazing, starting a successful business in a whole new country is really a feat." Gakushuu praised, genuinely interested in knowing more.

"Yep, but the next heir isn't my father, I have no idea why despite him being the eldest son." [Name] muttered, looking down the concrete pavement.

"Maybe that's why Father isn't so fond of Oba San."

"Anyways, when I go back to the States, I get to see my cousin again, she was such a nice girl the last time I talked to her. I'm really excited for Summer." [Name] continued on.

"Wait, you don't keep in contact?" Gakushuu suddenly asked, [Name] stopped in her tracks once she reached her waiting point for her grandmother's chaffer. She turned to face him, giving a small shrug.

"My parents doesn't allow me to message my cousin, so the only time I ever talk to her is during the Summers where I spend in America." She replied cooly, though it seemed nothing to her, it was a surprise to Gakushuu.

"But then, why would they ban you from ever chatting with her? Why couldn't you have chatted in secret, it's not like your parents check your phone, do they?" Gakushuu inquired more, his eyebrows furrowing as he got to know more about [Name]'s home life.

"Well sadly they do. I have parents who believe privacy isn't for children." She replied back nonchalantly.

"[Last Name] San, thats a breach of your privacy." Gakushuu told her, frustration grew in him at seeing how [Name] had little reaction to what he was telling her.

"Yeah, tell that to my parents. I can't even lock my door cause they put my lock in reverse, so they can lock me in-" She immediately slapped her hand over mouth, realizing she had said too much. Too much information of her home life was spilled. Wide eyes cautiously looked at Gakushuu's expression and no doubt he was shocked.