t w e n t y - n i n e : sensitive teeth

●●●

[Name] was stubborn, and so was Gakushuu. She didn't wanted him to spend money and pestered him to take her money. He did not succumbed, standing up talk with a straight face as he held out an ice cream towards her.

"I'm not going to going to sit down until you do." Gakushuu told her, a blank, nonchalant expression rested on his features.

"No until you accept my mo-"

"Sit."

"Down."

. . .

With utmost reluctance, [Name] wordlessly took a seat, knowing to not start a fight with an already frustrated and angered Gakushuu. The small smile that faintly appeared on his lips disappeared as soon as it came when he saw that she had finally sat down. He passed her the ice cream, which she took and took a big bite out of spite for what had happened.

Gakushuu, who had also taken a seat, started blankly at her when he saw her bit into her ice cream as if it was any other normal food.

"Did you just bite into your ice cream-?" He asked, [Name]'s eyes looked up from her ice cream cone, noting his bewilderment at her actions. She then took another huge bite, making sure he had seen her teeth go down into the cold food.

A visible shudder was seen on Gakushuu. "How are your teeth not hurting?" He asked in the most calm and composed voice he could muster, trying to cover up his slip up of looking shock.

"What do you mean? Oh is it when I do this?" She lowered her jaw, opening her mouth wide before taking a huge bite of her ice ocean, teeth sinking into the food. All with a straight face. She gave Gakushuu a blank but nonchalant look as the ice cream in her mouth melted. Silence filled the air as she swallowed the ice cream, licking the ice cream off from her lips.

Gakushuu's eyes went back and forth from [Name]'s face to the ice cream in her hands. Her double scoop ice cream was already half gone in three bites, while his barely looked any different then when he had just gotten it. "Do you not have sensitive teeth?" He uttered, his eyebrows furrowing at her.

"No?",She raised an eyebrow, confused at his question. Her eyes darted back from him and then back to his ice cream. Imaginary light bulbs appeared beside her head after realizing what he had meant. A cocky grin then formed on her lips.

"Oh, are your teeth sensitive then?" She asked back, her eyes went to stare at her ice cream. "Did you know, sensitive teeth means your teeth are unhealthy?"

Her eyes darted back to Gakushuu, who's eyebrows furrowed in insult. His express quickly changed back to his usual sombre and cool demeanour, however his actions said otherwise.

"No, my teeth are perfectly fine." He said as calm as he could, staring straight at [Name] as he stab his spoon into his ice cream.

"Prove it then."

Normally, Gakushuu would flat out refuse, but still being pissy over what happened earlier that day and being stubborn that he doesn't want to admit that she was right, he took a large spoonful of his ice cream, and let his teeth sink in. Immediately once his teeth had sunken in, his body betrayed him and he shuddered visibly. [Name] had go clamp her hand over her mouth to not hurt his pride anymore.

"Pfft- Cute idiot."

"Don't you dare laugh." His voice dropped to make it sound threatening, however it was too late. She was already bending down in laughter. [Name] had to stuff her mouth with her ice cream to silence herself, which lowkey mocked Gakushuu for having sensitive teeth. He watched, an insulted expression painting his features, as she once again took a bite of her ice cream and started to chew on it.

"Are you mocking me?" He asked accusingly, which [Name] reply with a quick shook of her head. She waved her hand side to side, to emphasize on the fact that she didn't meant to mock him.

"Sorry, you just look adorable when trying to prove something that you know fully well that you can't." [Name] replied after swallowing her ice cream, quickly noticing Gakushuu's expression change slightly. His furrowed eyebrows raised in slight surprised, eyes widening ever so slightly.

At first, [Name] was confused. Normally, he would have snapped back at her for that casual insult, especially then because of the events that happened earlier that day. Yet he acted differently. She too raised an eyebrow at him after a silence before she recounted her words and realised.

She called him adorable.

Something that he usually wasn't.

...

"Aaaaaaahhh, do I say something or should I wait for him to say something?" [Name]'s eyes immediately darted away, looking outside of the ice cream parlour. She stared at the empty streets outside, praying like hell that her face wasn't red from embarrassment. "It's obvious that he noticed but I'm not sure whether he's gonna say anything . . ."

Internally, she was screaming.

"Ah oh well, let's just play this by ear." She returned back her gaze back to him while tucking her hair behind her ear. It felt warm against her skin, which told her that of course, she was blushing. "Goddamit."

"Adorable, just like a child. " She added on quickly, trying to mask what she said as a joke. "Aww, is this your unhealed, inner child coming out?"

Throwing on an insult over a compliment, how mean of her but whatever. Atleast now the atmosphere changed, as Gakushuu threw a comical glare back at her. Though, his ears were a burning red.

"Why am I even friends with you?" Gakushuu huffed, stabbing his ice cream with his tiny plastic spoon repeatedly, head tilted towards the bowl but his eyes looked up to [Name]. She didn't reply, only with a nonchalant smile on her face.

A light chuckle flew pass her lips, and in Gakushuu's eyes, she gave a look of adoration. She rested her head on her free hand, and in the sunlight, he viewed her as radiant as ever.

"Cause I wanna be friends with you, what others reasons is there to have friends when you don't want them?" She replied back, and the imagery of her laughing freely burned into Gakushuu's mind, ready to stay for a long time. He averted his eyes back to his ice cream, feeling his cheeks burning.

"Dammit why does she gotta be so beautiful this is not fair."

He complained, of course he didn't meant it. He doesn't like the way she made his emotions stir. It was uncontrollable, and he hated that fact. However, just being with her, he finally felt free and himself.

●●●

Not me forgetting to finish this lmao

Okay let me give an explanation why I took so long to update

1. I was busy with school

2. As you can see, the story came to a stand still cause there's this awkward transition to this event to another and my ass got too bored writing this transition so I procastinated on it

3. I forgot, sorry

4. Life hit me like a truck, wait no a YACHT

Anyways I'm back, probably not with a regular update but I'll try to update more!! Thank you for supporting my lil story, love ya!

Perfect Facade[Asano Gakushuu x Reader]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें