Memory

"I love you."

As Rogue was inches away from touching his counterparts hand

He heard those exact words.

Rogue suddenly froze.

Did he just hear?

"I love you, Rogue."

No way.

The voice.....

Was none other,

Than Sting's.

Rogue found himself opening his eyes, to reveal himself in a memory.

It was Sting.

He said he loved him.

But where was he?

Rogue realized how FRogue and the shadow were gone, their disappearance causing him to be curious, but it soon was disregarded as he saw the sight before him.

Sting was facing him, seeming to be on top of the other.

He had a huge smile on his face, and he blushed, repeating those words.

"I love you."

Rogue suddenly felt tears stinging in his eyes.

As the raven opened his mouth to repeat those words, but everything warped around him, and before he knew it...

Sting was gone.

The raven was completely lost, unable to figure out what is happening around him.

As he contemplated he suddenly was in a room, but he recognized it right away. It was none other than the blonde's.

Rogue called out to Sting, as he found him walking around the room in circles, but it seemed Rogue was there but not to where Sting was able to interact with him.

What's going on?

Rogue stood and watched the white dragonslayer, walking and circles and seeming to mumble to himself.

Sting uttered some words and soon stopped in his tracks, the blonde frowned and ran to his closet.

Rogue decided to sit on the blonde's desk, carefully observing to what the white mage was up to.

Soon Sting came out of the closet, a huge rolled up poster in his arms. As the blonde unrolled it on his bed Rogue walked up beside him, knowing his presence will be unknown to his partner.

Rogue gasped as the poster was revealed.

It was big bold letters, decorated with drawings of roses and gold glitter, beautifully portraying a simple message:

" Rogue Cheney,

Will you go to

Homecoming with me?"

Rogue's eyes slowly widened and he gasped, clasping his mouth.

Sting was just finishing up the poster, adding some more glitter and coloring in the roses.

Rogue felt tears coming out,

He remembered this day.

Sting wanted to go to the homecoming dance so bad..... He was free from his master duties too, Rogue remembered how Sting was so intent on asking his date, which Rogue never found out who it actually was.

As Rogue was slowly regaining his memory, he felt his chest start to feel heavy.

As Sting was finishing up the poster, he was smiling humming to himself, and he soon received a phone call.