Chapter twenty-three

Sorry for the long wait. The whole time I've been trying to write but for some reason, I couldn't.Then all of a sudden, last night at 3 am, I began to write and I didn't stop at all until I was done. Weird huh? Anyways excuse all the mistakes, I'll edit it later.

(Sadie P.O.V)

After I hung up the phone, ending my conversation with Luce, I laid back down on my bed and got caught up In my own thoughts. Eric has been acting a bit strange ever since I saw him In our last period class. He looked so out of It which was very unlike him. During the drive to my house, he actually turned on the radio which he never did unless I asked him to. He didn't like to be distracted, especially while driving. Music really didn't spark his interest and would only listen to It If I asked him to. He only knew artists that were my favorite like Michael Buble or Jon McLaughlin.

I sat up, wondering If I should check up on Eric. We got here an hour ago and the last thing I saw him do,before going into my room, was walk into the kitchen...with his shoes on.

I peeked Into the kitchen behind the corner and saw Eric standing there In the middle of the room. His shoes were still on and his bag was still slung over his shoulder.

Like a robot, he took a cracker from the box he was holding and only chewed once before swallowing It.

I knew right away that he wasn't just normally snacking. This was the beginning of binge eating.

I slowly approached him. Even though he was looking In my direction, he didn't pay any attention to my presence. I lightly touched his arm but he didn't respond. I shook him and that made him flinch and realize I was standing right In front of him.

"Are you alright?"

He merely shrugged and I slowly took the box from him, waiting for any sort of resistance. Instead, he set down his back pack on the floor and walked out of the kitchen, presumably to take off his shoes.

I put the box back into the cupboard and grabbed a box of cookies for myself to snack on.

Sitting down at the table, I munched on the cookies, wondering what could be bothering Eric. Was It graduation? I knew he always wanted to graduate more than anything. If It was graduation, was It because his parents weren't going to be there or did he regret turning down all the offers to skip grades and miss the opportunity to graduate earlier? I knew the reasons were because he wanted to learn more, meet more teachers and students and stay with me.Or maybe he's upset that he's graduating because he's leaving Noah to complete two more years of high school by himself. Or was It university? Was he afraid that him and Noah will grow apart during those times?

I looked down the box of cookies and saw that I finished a whole row. Was this how bingeing was like?

I put It back so I wouldn't eat anymore and walked out of the kitchen to see what was Eric doing. He was standing In the entrance, just blankly looking at his shoes.

Okay, I don't think he was upset. If he was, he'd go out for a bit, go back to his own place or just lay his head on my lap(that was was he used to do with his mother he was a little child). Now, he just seems lost.

"Are you going out?" I asked him, making him jump.

"N-no." he stammered, quickly kicking off his shoes to the corner which he never did. Eric was a neat freak. He'd untie his shoes properly and set them in the closet along with other shoes that were also out. He'd scold me for not putting my shoes away properly but end up doing It for me even If I offered to do It myself.

He walked back into the kitchen and I followed him. He sat at the table, staring off Into space.Should I leave him alone? I knew whatever was bothering him was not really serious and it wouldn't damage his mental and physical health in anyway (even though he was bingeing a minute ago, it was only crackers, not junk food) but I still feel like I should know what It Is. Perhaps I was just nosey.