~Chapter Twelve~

(Noah's P.O.V)

When the dismissal bell rang, I lifelessly gathered my stuff as everyone bolted out of the classroom. I slowly walked to the library, trying my hardest not to walk into anything or anyone. I felt more exhausted than I usually should. There were many occasions where I'd pull an all nighter so I could complete some of my homework and I felt fine. Why did I feel like I was going to pass out now?

In the library, I sat at the very first empty table I saw and rested my head on my arms.

I didn't understand...why did Eric wanted to keep tutoring me? Was tutoring that fun? Did he like helping me?

It's not like I wanted him to stop tutoring me because I...really liked hanging around him...but It's just that It would be better for me not to be so dependent on him. Besides I didn't think I'll be able to concentrate on school work anymore so Eric's efforts would go to waste.

I know I may have said this hundred times but...I really didn't want to unload my baggage on anyone. It was really unnecessary. No one should feel the way I did.

I stretched out my arms and banged my head on the table.

I'm really exhausted....

I closed my eyes and felt myself slowly drifting off.

Suddenly I heard knocking. Was someone knocking on the table?

I opened my eyes and lifted my head from the table, turning to see the person trying to grab my attention.

Eric? What was he doing here?

Oh yeah! He needed to talk to me after school! How could I forget that? Wow I'm really out of It.

"You ok?" he pulled out a chair and sat beside me.

I nodded, beginning to get nervous. Why did he need to speak to me? Was It about what we talked about over text? Was he mad at me?

"No need to look so worried." he told me making me look at him "I thought about It and If you want me to stop tutoring you... it's fine with me."

My eyes widened in shock and my heart nearly stopped. Hell, I even almost forgot to breathe.

W-what? That's It? He's just going to have it my way? What happened to his " I'm going to do whatever I want and I don't care what you say' attitude? Yeah, It's better for him to agree with me but...

"I just," he continued on, bringing me out of my small shock "don't want to pressure you to do anything. I still want to tutor you because it's amusing to make fun of you-" he grinned and I rolled my eyes in a playful way.

"but I know you're going through a hard time right now. I was so persistent at first because I thought that you would need my help more than ever. But then again, whatever the problem is, it seems a bit more important than tutoring. I don't want to get in the way of anything so bye."

He stood up and walked away, leaving me dumbfounded. I tried to absorb what just happened but I couldn't.

So was I never going to see him again?

Well actually that wasn't possible since we are bound to run into each other in the hallways or maybe in the cafeteria but still...

I put my head down again, closing my eyes.

My chest hurts again.

Abruptly, my phone vibrated In my pocket and I took it out and checked my messages to see that my dad texted me.

'Walk home'

I groaned as I put my phone back in my pocket. Why did I have to walk home? I wouldn't mind If It took like 10 or 15 minutes to walk to my house but it took an hour! Well 45 minutes If I walked quickly but I was a slow walker.