Uncomfortable

My eyes fluttered open, the light too powerful to stand, in reflex my eyes close almost immediately. My head buzzed and as i open my eyes again, i couldn't make out my surroundings. Everything was blurry, the voices nearby slurred; nothing seemed to make sense.

Beginning to make out my surroundings, a person towers over me. Startled, I jump back immediately, pain immediately jolting through a needle that was threaded into my wrist.
"Who are- where- I- whats happening?" My voice shakes, laced with severe panic.  I was extremely uncomfortable.
"Hey darl, i'm going to need you to calm down for me, ok?" The young man spoke to me, in a clam tone.

"Where am I though, what time is it?"

"You're in hospital, and it's about noon."

I let out a small exhale, calmness taking over my nerves. "How did anyone find me?"

"Your father had found you. Now enough of that, we do have some catching up to do, up to that?"

"Yeah, that's fine"

"Ok, so you've been here for about half a day. First catchup, you might need to stay in hospital for a few more days. You've lost a fair amount of blood so we need to get that back into your system. How are you feeling, let's say, out of a ten?"

"I feel ok, maybe a bit sore, four out of ten?"

"That's alright then, where is this pain you are feeling?"

"around my shoulder, practically in my whole left arm, it's throbbing a fair bit"

"Ok then, i'm going to do some observations on you, check how your body is coping.  Afterwards, your parents are waiting outside the room, if you would like them to come in."

"Yeah, ok."

After the doctor had finished taking my observations, i knew i had to let my parents in to see me.  But i'm not sure i'll be able to bare with them here, in front of their broken daughter.

There was a knock on the door, followed by an opening with my parents cascading through.  Once they saw me, tears began to well in my eyes.  My mother covered her mouth, a look of shock on her face.  That's when the water works really started.
She ran by my side, basically crushing me in a bear hug.

After what felt like a bombardment of questions later, father sitting in the chair close by with his head down low and mother was just laying by my side.  She lifted her head up, her eyes watery and puffy from the amount of tears that had escaped. 
"Please, please, please, if you ever feel this way, I want you to tell me" she basically begged "I want you to trust me darling."

"I-It's not that I don't trust you, it's just hard to be able to tell someone, you wouldn't understand,"  I sighed.

"Darling I do underst"-

"No you don't!" I cut her off.

"Please listen!"

"I've had enough of listening mum!"

"I've been there before."  Her her eyes gaze downward.

My body starts to shake, tears overflowing yet again.  Maybe that's why the feeling felt all too familiar, it runs in our family.

She holds me tight, I try to hold her back but my body quivers too much, it hurts.  Not long after though, my eyes close as mother lulls me back to sleep with her soft voice, humming into my ear.

- a few hours later -

I jolt awake to the feeling of a knife in the lower of my left arm.  As I gaze down to where the pain seemed to circulate, there was nothing there; just a needle, i thought to myself.  I recognised my parents weren't in the room they had only been in hours before.  There was a piece of paper lodged under my pillow where my head had been resting.

Hey darling, I hope you're feeling a bit better.  Your father and I are out getting some takeout for you, seems though you probably don't want hospital food.

We will be back soon
Love you x

After i had read the note, it got me thinking.  I wonder what takeout they will be getting?  Hopefully they get food to feed themselves, they are more important.  I pick my phone up from the table that was hovering beside me, they must've bought it on the drive to the hospital. The top corner of the screen read: 9%

I didn't want to bother mother by pestering her for a damn charger cord.  It was useless anyways, nothing to do on my phone except read the latest gossip.  I plopped my phone back on the hovering table and closed my eyes for the second time that day.

Everything felt alright, especially once I close my eyes.