"Have you forgotten everything? How she used you, lied to you?  Should I give you more proofs?"

Greg gave me all the proof that ended our marriage. He showed me what Amy really wanted from me. How she lied to me. But my gut says I should trust Amy and she didn't lie to me. I am confused about what I should trust. I have proofs of her betrayal. The falsified document that showed how she lied to me. I don't know how to explain all this to him. Greg only wants what's best for me and telling him I am hoping my gut feeling is correct and all the proofs he gave me was wrong will not go down well with him. So I remain silent.

"Did you know she is living with James?"

"What?"

"James was the one who noticed Amy has not returned yesterday. He won't shut up about how Amy hates to be in the dark. So I asked him how he knew Amy so well. He said she is been staying with him for the past two weeks. What kind of woman stays with a man who she just met? She has James eating out of her hand in two weeks. And now she is trying to get her claws all over you again and you are blindly letting her."

Greg continues to talk, but I stood still trying to recall if Amy said anything about James. I remember the day at the airport when James and Amy were together laughing like old friends. And in the flight, he acted as if he knew her well. Yesterday, she told me how James gave her brochures for University. Even today, Amy was comfortable with James when he helped her with her shoes. They did know each other well and there is no doubt James likes Amy. Was there something going on between them? My mind keeps flashing back to the moment they were laughing together that the airport. Their familiarity drives me mad. I walk back to my room determined to know what is happening between them. When I near the door I hear James voice.

"Amy, we need to tell someone about this", he says angrily.

"No, James. No one can know. Please can you keep it a secret for me"

"F***, Amy, you are putting me a difficult position. "

"I know James. Please. It's only two more days. Then I will get the money. You know how much I need the money. Please let this one go."

"God, Amy. Seeing you like this kills me. I feel like I need to take you back home this very second"

"James please", Amy starts crying.

"Don't cry, Amy. You know I hate it when you cry. Okay. I promise I won't say a word", James says softly and a minute later I hear footsteps coming towards the door and hide behind the pillar.

James stomps off like a man on a mission. So Greg was correct. Amy is living with James and she has him doing as she says. I never expected the strong Navy man to give in so easily. Looks like Amy can really charm anyone. I am an idiot for even considering Amy is innocent. It's all about money. Isn't it? I should thank James for showing me Amy's true self otherwise I would have been fooled again.

I stay clear of Amy for the rest of the day. I spent most of my time at the beach thinking why I got myself into this situation again. I realized I can't stop my attraction for her. She has some kind of power that pulls me to her. I shouldn't have let myself get emotionally involved again. I should be detached like all the girlfriends I had in the past three years. I pull myself together and get back to the room, promising myself that I will shut down my heart when I am around Amy.

It's late when I return back to the room, Amy is wake and walking with a limp. I don't say anything to her and pull out my laptop to pour myself in work so I can stop thinking about Amy and James.

" My leg is much better now. Doctor Fraser said I just need to take it slow", Amy says trying to start a conversation.

"Good", I say brushing her off and continue working.