Chapter fourteen

Shawn, Shawn, Shawn.

Ethan's mind was full of him. The perfect boy was standing next to him, watching as the event folded out before their very eyes. Elizabeth, or, Liz, was holding Rose's hand. They were smiling at each other. Heck, they were probably falling in love!

But all Ethan could think about was Shawn.

Shawn, Shawn, Shawn.

Maybe it was selfish. His friend was connecting with another girl and all Ethan was doing was looking up at Shawn.

Soon, it was going to be just him and Ethan. The prince wondered what would happen when the girls had left. Where were him and Shawn going to go? Where could they sleep?

The future was inevitable, and scary. They couldn't avoid it. But maybe Ethan didn't want to. He was abandoning his kingdom for Shawn. He wanted to stay. He had nothing left back in the kingdom. His parents didn't love him, his people only wanted a queen. His ancestors had lived as completely normal people with no attraction to the same gender and had passed down their crown to him.

But he was abandoning it.

And he didn't feel bad at all.

"Shawn?" Liz was speaking, and Ethan tore his eyes away from the boy with dark hair to look at Liz as Shawn answered. "What?" He snapped. "We need to close this door."

"Me and Rose are leaving. Thanks for getting us out of the maze." Liz smirked.

And then there was silence. Shawn stared at them with a scowl, his arms crossed. After waiting a few moments, he said "You're not leaving."

"Yes, we are." Rose spoke up. "Sorry, sweet pea, but you do not control us. You can have control over the little one. We shall help you close this door, but then we must leave."

"I'm serious. You two are not leaving. It's not a matter of me controlling you, okay? It's a matter of your fucking life! You two must be absolute fools if you think you'll be okay out there." He growled at them before putting on a sweet girlish voice. "'Oh, we'll find a little cottage and live there forever!' No, what are you, idiots? You two can't survive out there. They'll find you."

"We are not staying with you. We already said; We'll help you close the door, but then we're leaving." Liz replied.

There was more silence, but Shawn was the first to move. His put his hands on the door, beginning to push. "We'll continue this after," He grunted. "Now help."

Liz, Ethan and Rose all joined in, pushing as hard as they could on the two heavy doors.

After what seemed like hours, but in reality was only about four minutes, the doors finally slammed shut. Liz hesitantly touched Rose's hand. "Are you ready to go?"

"Of course." Confidently, Rose grabbed Liz's and the two began to walk off.

Ethan looked up at Shawn, licking his lips. But Shawn only watched them, crossing his arms as if he was considering something.

The girls turned around when they heard a squeak of surprise. Ethan's face was being held tightly by Shawn's hand, his cheeks being squished together. Shawn towered over him, a lustful look in his eyes. "Do you really want to leave the little one behind?" He asked the girls mockingly.

"You're... You are not going to hurt him." Liz snapped.

Shawn only laughed. He moved his hand down to Ethan's neck, holding him in place. Ethan felt tears fill his eyes as Shawn began to squeeze softly. "Please don't hurt me, Shawn..." He whispered, looking up at the perfect boy. But Shawn just smiled and pulled the blonde's face closer to him. "I'm not going to hurt him." He said to the girls, but he was studying Ethan's face. "But I know he'll be just begging for me to use him."

"Get the fuck away from him. Ethan does not want to have sex with you!" Rose shouted. Shawn looked away from Ethan to stare at her. "Doesn't he?" He asked, his eyebrows raised. "How crazy. I do believe he does, don't you, Shorty?"

Ethan only whimpered. Rose and Liz moved quickly towards him, but Shawn tightened his grip on Ethan's neck and restricted his breathing for a moment. "I don't mind having a guy like him, you know." Shawn said, resting his chin on top of Ethan's head. Ethan moved closer to him, pressing his head submissively against the taller man's chest.

Why did he like this? Why did he want him? Shawn was a terrible person, even Ethan had figured it out. But he could feel that Shawn wasn't going to do anything to him that he didn't want. He wasn't going to hurt him. So why was he doing this?

Shawn bent down and whispered in his ear. "You're doing great. Too bad I don't want you."

Huh?!

"I mean, he's quite a cute one. I'm sure he'd be fun. No feelings, of course."

"You get the fuck away from him!" Liz screamed. Shawn let go of Ethan's neck and tipped the prince's chin up so he would look at him. "Maybe you two should stay." He said to the girls with a smile. "Just to, you know, make sure I don't do anything to Ethan that you two don't like. Though I daresay that Ethan would enjoy it thoroughly."

Ethan liked his lips and swallowed.

"Fine." Liz snapped. "We'll stay. For crying out loud, we will stay."

"Great." Shawn clapped his hands sarcastically. "We'd better get going then. We have a long journey ahead of us." He turned and began to walk to the forest. "I need to get as far away from this place as possible."

"Where are we going?" Ethan asked, staring at the back of Shawn's head with a lovesick expression. Shawn only beckoned at him, making Ethan rush over. He didn't care if he was basically being Shawn's lap dog. He just wanted to be close to him. Royalty or not, this boy was gorgeous and Ethan really liked him. "We're going to an old friend's place, Shorty. Come on, girls. We can't lounge around all day and look pretty. Though, if we were going to do that, we all know I'm the prettiest out of all of us." He grabbed Ethan's tunic sleeve and tugged him slightly so the prince stumbled forward, moving even closer towards him.

Rose laughed. "That, my dear, is not true. We all know I'm the most gorgeous one. Look, I'm literally made to seduce those who are attracted to women."

"Good thing I'm not attracted to women then," Shawn replied. "Because I wouldn't want to be your bitch. Not like the princess over there."

"I am not-"

"Yes, we know. Shut it, okay?" Shawn kept walking, and so did Ethan and Rose. But they all turned back when they realized that Liz wasn't moving. Shawn sighed. "What are doing, princess? We need to fucking move."

"I am not Rose's bitch!" Elizabeth growled. In only two strides, she had moved forward and pulled out the dagger Shawn had given her, pinning him against the closest tree with the knife to his neck. "I am no one's bitch, Shawn." She spat. "Not Rose's, not yours, not Ethan's, not my father's. I am my own person. I am not a toy that can be passed around, like every single one of you seem to think!" She glared around at all of them.

"I'm-"

"Shut it, Shawn." Liz interrupted. Shawn glanced down and sighed. He was remarkably calm for somebody who had a sharp knife pinned against his neck. "I just wanted to say I'm sorry." He muttered. "I don't know what your father did to you but... You're right. You're not his bitch. You're a human, unlike..." He glanced at Rose, who shot him her rude finger. "I'm sorry. Seriously." He told Liz, and it looked like he meant it.

Liz released him and he moved towards Ethan grumpily. The princess began to walk, tucking her dagger back into her belt and muttering angrily. Rose smirked at Shawn, almost giggling. "You know, if I wasn't completely sure she liked girls and you like boys, I would say that yes, you're basically her bitch." Without waiting for an answer, she rushed forward and put her arm around Liz, muttering quietly.

Ethan looked up at Shawn, who was glowering and rubbing his neck. He noticed the prince staring and glared down at him. "Don't." He said when Ethan opened his mouth to speak. "Just don't, your royal whatever."

"Your Highness." Ethan corrected him. Shawn chuckled. "No need to call me that. I prefer..." He bit his lip. "Master."

And he walked ahead, leaving Ethan to figure out what he meant.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha sorry guys, I so had to.