chapter Eight

"No..." Otterstar hoarsely whispered. The brute of a badger loomed over her sisters body,blood around its muzzle and no gleam in its eyes. It was almost twice the size of a normal badger and a forepaw bigger than a cats skull.

Otterstar was filled with rage and grief. She yowled in anger and leaped at the beast, but it just lifted a forepaw and swatted her aside. She was knocked into a tree, but got back up. She dived at the badger again, but as it went to swat her away she grabbed onto its paw and swung herself underneath the brute and started to claw wildly at its neck and chest, never missing a blow. The badger roared and clumsily stepped over the clan leader, it's claws dragging over her back.

Stinging pain rushed through her body, but that only made her angrier. she lept at it yet agains and raked her claws over both it's eyes. It blundered wildly away into a tree, them it's huge nose twitched and it whirled around and full on charged at Otterstar. The young she cat easily slid to the side and clawed down its side and the floor splattered with both animal's blood.

"Otterstar!"

The horrified yowl came from Otterstar's deputy, Rainfall. This yowl caused the injured cat to turn, and the blinded badger to whack her away with a massive paw. The leader flew briefly through the air before slamming into the trunk of a pine tree. She fell to the ground, her eyes closed from the moment the badgers paw struck her.