making my familiar journey to the park, i took the first left turn before huffing loudly and thinking about how fucking insensitive my brother could be. i'd just lied and told him i was seeing a girl and that's who dropped me off last night, but after his harsh comment (that he was none the wiser to) i felt no remnants of remorse. the lie was bound to spiral until austin would start asking around and would find out that there was no girl. perhaps i could just say we ended things the next time he asks. then again, perhaps i could use this lie to my advantage when shane wanted to go out again. if he wanted to go out again.

hopping over the fence and sitting on the rusting swing set, i traced the pad of my thumb over my lower lip and tried to focus on last night. on shane's lips. on the way he had placed his hands on the small of my back and brought my body close to him before cupping my face, our mouths not separating once. on the way he had pulled away and grinned like he'd just won the lottery. how when i told him that, he said he had.

shrugging further into his jacket, i rubbed my eyes slightly and grabbed my phone out the pocket of my jeans, contemplating my next move.

to: garrett 🧸
  can you come pick me up? something's happened

garrett had gotten his license a few weeks ago so there was chance he'd be able to come get me and drag me away from this fucking mess. austin's words were ringing in my ears as i awaited my best friends response. worried i was gay. the sentence had taken my high emotions from the night before and crumpled them into a ball before throwing them to the pit of my abdomen.

from: garrett 🧸
  shit, ryland. i'm grounded i can't. are you okay? do you need me to call an uber for you? snuck andrew siwicki into my bedroom last night and my mum walked in on me making out with him at 3am. she wasn't impressed

i closed my eyes and sighed, slightly irritated since the last thing i wanted to do was go home right now, but i couldn't help but smirk and laugh quietly to myself. of course he'd hid andrew in his bedroom and of course they'd gotten caught. on monday i would have to quiz him thoroughly on how him barely knowing the red headed boy and simply doing a school project had drifted into hooking up with him in the last twenty four hours. the irony of it all was that we'd both been sneaking around last night – for garrett, it wasn't the first time he'd crept out in the middle of the night to meet a boy, but for me? it was completely different. shane was a bundle of firsts that were growing addictive.

i was shaken out of my thoughts by a rumble of thunder and i groaned in disbelief as i felt droplets of water beginning to slide down my skin. "you've got to be kidding me." i muttered in disbelief, regretting that in the rush of escaping austin's words i didn't have a hoodie. shrinking back into the denim jacket, i composed a text without even thinking twice.

to: shane dawson
  something's happened and it's raining and i really need you to come pick me up and i don't know what to do

the rain grew heavier and i almost let out an exasperated yell at how cliche this was. water thundered down my back and crawled down my spine, sending a shiver through my quivering body. i didn't get an answer for a couple of minutes and i was beginning to worry when my phone vibrated, causing me to breathe a sigh of relief.

from: shane dawson
   where are you?

after quickly texting him back the address of the park, i squeezed my eyes shut and rested my fists against my forehead as i waited for shane to arrive. it wasn't long before his black range rover pulled up to the curb and he wound down his window, shooting me a small smile. i jumped off the swing, shielding my eyes from the pouring weather and jogged the few steps to his car door, exhaling slightly as the warmth of his heated seats engulfed me and his hand was on my leg, his emotions pooling across my skin.