Chapter 16

Less than thirty minutes to go and I would be back. The ride was on the quiet side which was fine with me. I wasn't sure if Corey and Anthony were preparing for the days to come mentally or they knew I needed this time to prepare myself for what was to come. The only thing I knew what was going to happen was that my father was going to come looking for me. I know your future is uncertain but damn my nerves were growing. As soon as we crossed over the territory lines I started to fidget but now my stomach was turning and I felt like I was going to throw up any second.

"Mac, you can do this. Everything will be fine. Don't let them get to you." It wasn't so much Corey's words that settled my stomach as it was his soothing voice. He just seemed to have that effect on me as the weeks went by.

We were just a couple minutes away when I felt it. It was like I had been underwater over the past month and only felt the soft disturbance of the water surrounding my body and muffled sounds but now everything slammed into me at once. All I could do was groan and grab my head with both hands hoping the pressure would ease. It felt like my head was all of a sudden full instead of the peaceful silence it had been for the past few weeks.

"What the fuck?" I heard Anthony cursing and felt the car slam to a stop. "Seriously he had to let it down without any warning! What is wrong with him?"

I felt wind hit my body right before comforting arms circled me then the feeling of being lifted. "Ssh...it's ok. Just breathe Mac. It's almost over."

I did what Corey told me to do. I breathed in, catching his scent and started to settle down after a couple of minutes. "What the fuck just happened? My head is pounding."

"Just keep on breathing in and out. The pain will be gone in a minute." Corey said as he avoided my question but I kept on taking deep breaths in and out.

"That my baby sis was our uncle opening you back into the pack." Anthony didn't even try to hide the disgust in his voice. I heard him mumble a few things but didn't catch it due to concentrating on my breathing still.

True to Corey's word, the headache I was suffering a few moments ago was now gone. Anthony was right, I could feel the pack again but it felt different. Even though Blaze felt like she belonged when Alpha Alexander let us join his pack officially there was still the undercurrent of not being completely accepted. It didn't feel like that anymore but it didn't feel like what we felt with Alpha Christopher's pack. Even though we were never officially in the pack I was still a part of it since they shared a piece of them with me. Their loyalty was stronger. They felt more like a family than this pack did. There was a difference between the two packs for sure but this time I felt like I actually belonged here. Well Blaze felt that but I also knew she would rather be back with Alpha Christopher's pack.

"I'm ok now. It just feels...different but better than before." I had to add the latter since I could not just see their concern but feel it. I could also feel some of the wolves watching us from a short distance away. They knew we were here. Hell, they probably knew as soon as we hit the territory line.

I still didn't understand how that worked since I know others have been in the woods that were indeed in the pack's territory but no one knew till afterwards. Anthony said something about being an Alpha and letting their power out and the other Alpha could sense when they cross their territory lines. Yeah, it was one of those lessons that I didn't fully pay attention to. At that time they were training me to hide my own power. It was essential to not let others know how strong I was. I needed to pretend I was weak. Now that was probably the hardest lesson I had to learn and I was still struggling with it. Especially when Blaze takes over or when I shift and feel threatened or nervous. It's a defense mechanism. Corey had said since I have had things happen in my past Blaze becomes more protective and will throw that power at anyone who she finds to be a possible threat to me. To us. There was no way she would let me be a victim again and that I completely understood and agreed with.