Chapter 6: The fights

Start from the beginning

'Hey Mark.' I texted back.

I knew I had to ask my brothers if they were okay with me going out with Mark. I knew this was going to be a big deal and I might as well get it over with now.

As I walked down the steps I was mentally preparing myself for an argument with my brothers. I could hear them shouting at the television, I knew there wasn't any sports games on so they must be playing COD.

"Guys can I ask you something." I asked to Michael, John, and Chris who each held a controller.

"Yeah." They said in unison.

"Uhm...uh...er..." I began to stutter.

I could hear Aiden and Alex laughing on the couch besides me .

I looked back at them to give them a glare.

"Spit it out Baby." Michael said

"Uh...canIgoonadatewithMarkBenson." I asked quickly, which came out in a mumble.

Of course now they paused the game and stare at me intently.

I just gave them a nervous smile.

"Aiden, Alex, who is this Mark Guy?" Michael asked his eyes still on me.

“Some player in our school." Aiden answered.

I just continued to glare at him.

"It’s not anything serious we just are going to hang out, that’s it."

"No." John and Chris replied together in unison.

I ignored them and kept my eyes on Michael who seemed to be thinking it over.

"I want to meet him first, I want to know where you’re going and what you’re doing, and I want you home by 10."  Michael said after a while.

The rest of my brothers stared at him in disbelief.

"Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I love you sosososo much!” I said as I gave him a big hug.

Before I returned back to my room I stuck my tongue out at Aiden, Alex, John, and Chris.

"Real mature Baby." I heard Chris say as I continued up the steps to my room.

I texted Mark saying I could go and he replied happily.

After I took a shower and got ready for bed, I heard a tap on my window.

I ignored it at first thinking it was just the wind making noise. But then the tapping was continuing and then I immediately remembered whenever I used to get into fights with Mase he would always throw rocks at my window and apologize.

I walked up to the window and I saw Mason waiting outside my window.

"Go away!" I whispered loudly as I opened the window a stuck my head out.

"Come on Andy don’t be like that! I can’t sleep knowing that you hate me!" he answered back.

“Well I guess it’s going to be a rough night!" I said as my hands began to pull the window shut.

"No Andy wait!" he shouted

I ignored him and shut the window.

Mason wasn’t the only one who was having a bad night. I twisted and turned in my bed, I just couldn’t get comfortable. I tried to blame it on my old dingy mattress but I knew the truth was that I missed Mason. Not talking to him actually affected me more than I thought.

When I finally closed my eyes and began to drift into a sleep my alarm clock rang.

"Ugh!" I screamed in frustration.