Chapter 33: Good to Be Back

OF COURSE THE TITLE REFERS TO MY VERY LONG ABSCENSE...which  im very sorry about but here is a new update FINALLLLLY.

Its not my favorite because I think i'm a little rusty, i think its more of a filler for you guys because i needed this chapter before i start the holidays, which hopefully will be a wonderful time for my lovely characters but yesssss let me know how you guys like it & read my A/N at the bottom...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Why are you so chipper this morning?" Mike asked as I walked into the kitchen with a smile on my face.

"It's a wonderful winter day, Mason got the ok to start moving around, Winter break finally started...what's not to be happy about?" I asked with a smile as I poured myself a bowl of cereal.

"Oh please Baby your break started a long time ago, if I could I should make you go to school during the break." Mike said as he looked at me with a raised eyebrow.

"Oh come on Mike, I did all my homework and assignments for me and Mase...I even completed all midterms and passed, give me a break." I said as I sat down at the table.

I was finally happy and not stressed for once and I wasn't going to let my brother ruin it. I was very proud of myself for working so hard and completing all of my schoolwork. It was the fact that everyone kept telling me that I was going to fail that made me work even harder.

"And I decided to go back to work..." I said. Which was a very difficult decision to make but I talked to Mason about it and he seemed thrilled. I could tell that he's been blaming himself for my lack of social life when the truth is I was just afraid to have a social life that didn't include him.

“Really?” Mike said with happiness that lit up his eyes as I nodded with a smile on my face, because to be honest I couldn’t wait to do the one thing that made me feel like myself.

“Well I'm very proud of you Baby. I know I haven’t told you that lately, and I know it seems like I'm always on your case about spending too much time with Mason or not being in school…but I'm so so proud of you.” He said with a smile that made me smile.

“This parenting thing hasn’t been easy…like at all. But I look at you…and your other screwed up brothers and I cant help but feel that this was all worth it. You’ve dealt with everything so responsibly and handled it no matter how hard it was, and proved to me that you’re not the little girl that I remember.” He said and I could tell that this was something that meant a lot to him and its something he rarely ever talks about so I let him continue.