Chapter Seven

Ash, Cassandra, Kathy, my gang, and I were heading to the courthouse. Libby stayed with Margie, Nigel, Hansel, Gretel, Jorgie, and Eleanor.

Forlot's courthouse is unlike any other courthouses. It looks like your average house, and there is no judge. Instead, there are five leaders who are all men. They are the leaders of Forlot and part of Ash's court.

Sitting from left to right are leaders Scott Harris, Joe Walker, Tank Hall, Elliott King, and Ian Young. Our writer is in charge of this town and put these five in charge of what and what not to ban. Scott wears a green robe. Joe wears an orange robe. Tank wears a blue robe. Elliott wears a red robe. And Ian wears a purple robe. They can be fun to have around. Just do not get on their bad side.

Or Ash's bad side for that matter.

Ash was searching through her purse as we were walking. "That son of a dang it!" she exclaimed angrily.

"What son of a dang it?" Jane questioned.

"George Parks. I cannot believe that he would murder six of my own characters and blame Ava on it."

"Why would he do that?" I asked. "And who is George Parks?"

"He is a jerk." She gave up what she was looking for and zipped her purse back up. "He continues to try to convince me that the real world is better than the fictional world and will do anything - and you know that I mean anything - to force me back to the real world."

"And be with the real worlders?" Jenny stuck out her tongue and looked at you readers. "Sorry that you guys have a bad reputation. It will be explained shortly. Do not get mad at our writer."

"Is he not a fictional character that you thought of?" Sue mentioned.

"He is fictional, however, he represents what I cannot stand in real worlders."

I narrowed my eyebrows. "Hmm? Like what?"

"He desires world domination and hates good things. He is also against the idea of fictional."

Jenny huffed. "Rude!"

"That is not all. He keeps shoving different beliefs, religious or not, down my throat. If I do not agree with him, I am considered a racist."

"You are not a racist," Kathy defended. "Just look at me. I am a descendant of Chinese."

"And he is easily offended over everything that is good."

"How am I not surprised?" Cassandra said, crossing her arms over her chest.

Jane played with a strand of her hair. "That is all terrible. I am glad that we are not real."

Ash brought her close to her and hugged her. "You are real. All of you. You are just way better!"

The courthouse came into view. It is a small, white house with gray streaks.

"So why are we visiting the courthouse?" Jim asked Ash.

Ash swung her purse over her shoulder. "To meet an old friend. But first, there is something that I have to show you. But...you cannot touch it."

We agreed. "Okay."

We entered the building. Cassandra and Kathy went to the right, while the rest of us went to the left. It seemed forever that we were walking down that hallway.

We finally reached the end. There was no door separating the hall from the small room, so we stepped in.

Both the floor and walls were blue with streaks of grey. The room was empty...

...except for a red button that was on a gray table.

I pointed to the button. "What is this for?"

Our writer took a deep breath and let it out slowly. "You were bound to find out sooner or later." She ran a hand through her hair. "This button...cannot be destroyed. I tried."

Jane was confused. So were we. "Why destroy it?"

"This...this button...when it is pressed...it will destroy everything that is not fictional."