Chapter Twenty-Five

Chapter Twenty-Five
Vladimir Of Verish

Claus was here. Why was Claus here? "Brother, let me in!" He kept knocking, but I wouldn't answer; he lost me the second he walked out on our Coven..and our family. "Vladimir, I know that Draco is after your girl, and I also know his plans." My ears burned; now I know it's a trap. "I just want to help!"

Should we listen to him? I turned and saw Lucinda at the bottom of the stairs, clutching the wood. He's your brother.

He is a traiter and a deserter.

He just wants to help.

He wants to get us killed, Lucy, would you just trust me? She nodded and headed to the kitchen as I stayed at the door, listening for Claus.

"I know I haven't been the best brother to you or to Violet, but I want to make it up to you," he paused. "I'll stay here all night if I have to...I'll stand here and burn in the sun."

We'll see about that.

The sun is about to rise, Vlad, are you going to let him burn?

Any faithful soldier can stand in the dark.

She scoffed in her mind and rolled her eyes. His aura is pure; I'm letting him in. She got up and took a step towards the door, but I was in front of her in an instant, my hands on her shoulders.

Your safety is my priority and that is something I will not compromise on!

You're so blinded by his past that you cannot see the possibility of his future! When you first found me, did you think I would ever be where I am now?

How does she always displace my argument with such minimal words?! No, I did not.

Well, then how about you trust me? I turned and opened the door, Claus still standing at the door. There was no army, and as far as I could tell, he was not carrying a weapon. I was somewhat surprised; he looked very different. His once unruly mess of black curls was now cropped short and clean, he was completely shaven, and his clothes weren't torn as usual. I was slightly wary.

"Vladimir-"

"Get in." He nodded and stepped in, his eyes going to my mate. "Don't look at her," I hissed.

"Vlad!" She scolded.

I closed and locked the door, coming to stand in front of him. "What are you doing here?"

"I came here to warn you."

"Why?"

"Because I had a...revelation if you will."

"A revelation, huh?"

"I know you don't trust me and I fully understand why, but when Draco told me his plans for you-both of you-I couldn't do what he wanted."

"What are his plans?"

Claus looked into my eyes and swallowed loudly. "He knows where the safe houses are, he plans to attack your's first. He'll make you watch, Vladimir."

"Make me watch what?"

"He's going to rape her and drain her blood as slowly as possible, just enough to keep her alive. He's going to do it forever and ever; he won't stop."

"Why would he tell you this?"

"Why not? I'm his right-hand man."

"I knew I recognized you," Lucy said, stepping forward. "You were the one who would give me extra rations of blood."

"Yes," he confirmed. "We don't have much time, Vladimir, you both should leave. Violet and her mate should be boarded by now."

"To where?" I asked.

"California, a place no vampire would willingly go."

I nodded and grabbed Lucy's hand. "We'll leave immediately."

Lucinda frowned. "But the sun-"

"Will only be extremely uncomfortable for a few minutes," I assured her. "It doesn't take long to get to the private airport." She nodded and I led everyone out.

"I'll keep you informed," Claus said.

I only nodded and picked up my mate, racing toward the airport; I still didn't trust him entirely, but Lucy could see something I could not, so I just had to trust her.

Claus Of Verish
I watched them race off into the daylight, returning to the cabin and taking out a bottle of scotch. The familiar burn brought a sense of finality and completion when my phone rang and brought me out of my thoughts. Draco. "C."

"Have they left?"

"Yes."

"Where are they headed?"

"Canada. They didn't say where."

"We'll find them." I could practically hear his smirk through the phone. "Well done, I had my doubts hat you would conform to the plan."

"Then you underestimate my hatred towards him."

"That's not a bad thing. I'll see you in Canada."

I hung up and played with the condensation of the bottle in my hand. I was probably going to be killed for this, but fuck, I can't even do what he's asking. Should I run? Should I stay? Canada or California? Either way, it ends in a fight; a big one.

 A/N//:So things are about to get heated!What do you think of Claus?

A/N//:
So things are about to get heated!
What do you think of Claus?