Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven
Vladimir Of Verish

I awoke to Lucy continuously poking all over the vicinity of my face. I huffed and pulled her closer, squeezing her waist. She giggled, the sound ringing that of a chorus of church bells, in my ears. "Let me go," she demanded, playfully. "I need to use the restroom!" I did as she said, begrudgingly, before rolling over and groaning out dramatically so that she knew how comfortable I had been prior to her movements. I stared up at the ceiling and focussed on getting her into a more suitable room; she'd been in the hospital wing for almost three weeks! Of course I wanted her in my bedroom, but she seemed ever so cautious about me sleeping in the same bed as her. But damnit if it was any more difficult NOT to look at her perfect figure walk across the room, I'd combust. I don't think she fully realizes the effect that she has on me, and if she does, then she's testing my self control.

The door opened and closed again as I continued to stare upwards, barely holding myself back from peaking at Lucinda's glorious figure. "I think I'm going to talk to Ray about getting you a different room," I said to her as she burrowed under the covers again.

"Why? I like this room."

I gazed into her grey eyes that were swirling with confusion. "This is the hospital wing of the palace, you can't stay here forever. How about we share my room? It's the biggest in the palace with a nice bed to cuddle in. We can have two different closets for all of the lavish clothes I'll buy for you and the bathroom is an island paradise." Panic rose inside of me as her brows furrowed and she looked down onto the pillow instead of into my eyes. "Or you could stay in the room next to mine if you're more comfortable with that?"

"I..I'll have to think about it." Her eyes kept darting from the pillow, to me, to the ceiling.

I reached and took her hand in mine, kissing the back of it. "Tell me what's bothering you...please."

"I just...are there any girls here? I know Violet, but she and Helena really need to spend time together to work things out."

I frowned. "Work what out?"

"She didn't tell you."

"I don't know what there is to tell me, that's why I asked you, my darling."

She sighed, biting the left corner of her lip in contemplation. "Well, Helena has only ever been with...men. That's why Boras would let her out into the woods sometimes, sexual favors. She told me once that she never wanted a female mate."

I felt my heart constrict for my sister. Why was she acting as though everything was completely fine? "I had no idea." Awkward silence stretched between us until I came up with a woman I knew she would love. "My general, Haggar, has a Mate, her name is Karina. I believe you'd get along well. When would you like to meet her?"

"Whenever she can, I suppose."

"I'll talk to them both this afternoon. Unfortunately, I've been sidetracked with your recovery."

"I'm sorry," she whispered, lifting her hand to stroke the stubble on my cheek.

"I need to shave, huh?" I chuckled and that triggered her giggle.

"I like it."

"Do you?" She nodded, pink flushing into her cheeks. "Then I suppose I'll keep it then."

"Just this," she told me, sternly. "No beard."

"No beard? Why not?"

"He has a beard," she whispered, her eyes widening in fright. Her breathing quickened and she gripped my shoulders, looking utterly terrified.

I stroked her skin, trying to calm her. "Lucinda, darling, you're safe. Everything is alright, Lucy, I promise no one will hurt you again." I brushed away the few stray tears that managed to escape her eyes, rocking her back and forth. "I'm here, my light." She closed her eyes and within a few moments, she was asleep. I listened to her strong heart and even breaths, thanking the goddess above for her, but my eyes quickly turned cold at the thought of all Draco had done to her.

In the beginning, she was open, but now she seems more cautious, almost as if she is second guessing everything she does. Her grip on my silk button up tightened and I look down to see her brows furrowed in a frown. I kissed her forehead to smooth them, rubbing her back. At some point I was going to have to return to my duties as King, but I didn't want to leave her. I want her to be independent, and yet I want her next to me every hour. How could there be a balance to these feelings?! I rested my head on the pillow, carful not to jostle her awake, and gazed at her smooth skin. She was absolutely perfect in every way. Her long, black hair resembled a raven's wings as it fanned out across the bed, falling slightly past her bum. Her eyelashes graced her rosy cheeks, complimenting the light freckles that dusted across the fair skin of her face. I smiled at how much healthier she looked now than when she first arrived, glad she could feed on blood and affection.

There was a quiet knock on the door before Ray came in with his clipboard. "Good afternoon, my King. How is she today?"

"She's doing alright. She had a little bit of an issue a few minutes before she went to sleep. We were talking and something reminded her of Draco; I think she was on the brink of a panic attack."

Ray sighed and nodded, writing down the incident. "The emotional wounds will be very difficult to heal and it will take more time."

"She seemed almost upset when I suggested moving to a different room as well."

"That is normal. This is the place she sees as 'safe' to her; she's been here the whole time and changes will be very difficult for her to comprehend."

I frowned and looked down at her small face, full of innocence and beauty. "I don't want things to be difficult for her, Ray."

"With all due respect, some things have to be."

I nodded and he left, closing the door. It pained me that Lucinda would have to go through something or some things that were going to be hard on her. I wanted her to feel safe, comfortable, and loved! She stirred next to me and nuzzled her face into my bare chest, lightly gripping my bicep in her sleeping state. "I swear to you, I will protect you with my life and my love. You will never be without and you shall never be in want of anything; everything I have is your's-I am your's. My oath to you stands until the sun rises and sets for the last time on this wretched earth." I kissed her forehead and relaxed, falling into a deep sleep.

A/N//:I know that this book may be going a bit slow, but I promise it's going to pick up soon!

A/N//:
I know that this book may be going a bit slow, but I promise it's going to pick up soon!