Do or Die

Kl's POV

It was our last match, in Mohali. A very necessary win if we needed to qualify for the play offs. Yeah in the first five matches it seemed that we would qualify easily but in the end we are  here in a do or die situation.

We had twelve points and if we won this we would reach the top four. Our opponent was none other than Rajasthan Royals. They were doing well in the last few matches. Moreover we had suffered an away match loss against this team.

The IPL was coming to an end. I have had a wonderful IPL from my personal point of view because I could shine as a limited over cricketer. I could prove that I am not just a test cricketer.

But sadly not only the IPL but also Shruti's days in India are coming to an end. She is going to Paris in two weeks. Though I would meet her in Yami's wedding but still now two hours without her seems hell.

We were in our hotel room. For the time being relaxing but Shruti was busy googling. I wanted to talk to her but she would reply once in a blue moon.

"Yaar...if you don't reply then I would go and find a date for myself. " I have been recently teasing her about that a lot. Everytime she would blush buy this time she smirked.

Why was she smirking?

"Okay fine...go date....but your bat because your and your bat's courtship would decide the result of the game" She replied. I laughed. She laughed  as well. She was humourous.

I encircled my arms around her shoulders and she relaxed against me. "You know...in our date Hardik did that quite often" she said. I looked at her.

"He touched you?!" I asked actually almost exclaimed. "Why? Am I untouchable?" She rantered back.

"Not that...."

I leaned closer to her. Our faces were inches apart. "No one can touch you this way except me...no one can praise your pretty face except me..." I saw her eyes travelling up and down confused where to look at. I moved even more closer to her. This time she looked up at me.

"No one can come this close to you except me..." I pulled away and went back to the same posture we had a minute ago.

"And yeah of course no one can love you like this...except me!" I said it looking at the walls. From the corner of my eyes I could see her blush and turn into a tomato.

"And I will make sure no one does" she replied. I gave a warm smile and kissed her hair.

"When is your flight?" I asked. She frowned. None of us wanted to stay apart but our work life did not allow us

"3rd June" she replied. It was exactly two weeks.

We won the toss and decided to bowl. It was the only IPL where four teams were with the same points just a different of net run rates .

Last match I had made 84 not out against this team I don't know about this time. Maybe the requirement is more...

Shruti's POV

I just wanted to see Kl win. The smile he would have after the win was all to make my day. I know I am thinking like an emotional fool but I can't help.

The batting was good. It wasn't too slow or too aggressive. The last time Royals had defeated Kings by fifteen runs. This time the run chase was six runs less than the previous.

Gayle was already out. The captain had come at number three but he received a golden duck. I had some expectations from Karun.

I loved IPL from the core of my heart. I am a die heart fan of cricket. Generally a CSK supporter for Mahi Bhai but now a half Punjabi for my man.

Kl reached his fifty a little late than his previous ones. The requirement was 152 and they were left with 64 off 34 balls. Quite chasable.

If!!! You don't lose wickets. Karun gave away his catch easily . What the hell man!!! The next three batsmen also got out easily. Kl could not built partnership with anyone. I was frustrated. I looked at Prieti.

She was so calm....how could she be so calm???  I looked front. Then down at her fingers. They were crossed.

"Fingers cross karne se kuch nahin hoga..no offense par yeh joh khel rahe Hain..."( There is no use of crossing fingers no offense...but the way they are playing...)

I said all disgusted. She just laughed. I felt unusual. "You are talking about Kl aren't you? I know...he is playing a little slow...but don't worry...I have full faith on him and I know you have too" she turned and winked at me. It was to tease me but I did not blush rather...was I expecting a lot from him?

The game continued and slowly Kl was unleashing himself. He did not hit sixes but fours. The asking run rate came down. It was eight per over.

In the eighteenth over Kl took 24 runs from Krishnappa Gowtham!!! Are you serious? He made the asking run rate down to three....

Yeah! It was six in twelve balls. I looked at Prieti. She shrugged her shoulders and again winked at me. This time I blushed...not because she was teasing me but beacuse of the kiddish attitude I just showed.

Kl was at 89*. I love you Kl!!! Just win this for me!!! I mean the team...

The next ball came...I crossed my fingers....a six!!!!!! A brilliant six!!! 117 metres....the ball was lost...though there was no need to get it back. My man had done it again. Again means again!!!!!!!

We were in the playoffs...Royals were crushed in an extra Royal way. I could see all the players from the dugout jumping on Kl. I didn't know what to do.

"Shruti! Come here!!" Prieti called me. I went to her giving a last glance at Kl who wasnt even visible. Everyone had got on top of him. I slapped my forehead.

Man of the match...KL RAHUL!! I just loved it. But I did not know what was going to come next. But when it came it was something unexpected.

Rahul's POV

I did it!! I knew it needed something more and this time it was my 95* . With the man of the match trophy in hand I, Mayank and Karun rejoiced. We were the youngest in the team and we expressed a lot. But my expressive nature could lead me into trouble not one thought.

I looked at Shruti. She was busy with Prieti gossiping with her. I turned and went back to enjoy. I did it four to five times till I saw that she was free I went to her and hugged her tightly.

"I did it Shru! I did it!!! I took my team to the playoffs..." I was rejoicing like we had won the finals too. She laughed at me . I literally had tears in my eyes. Success with RCB did not feel so special like this did. Maybe because I had the most important person of my life cheering me.

I had lost my senses. I dashed my lips with hers. I front of the whole crowd.!!!

Shruti's POV

Kl was really out of control but it felt so good to see him like that. He was hugging me like a magnet refusing to let go. It was already embarrassing with the crowd cheering and clicking photos of us...I wanted to part .

I released my hands from the hug he did too and out of nowhere he just placed his lips on mine. The whole crowd saw us. I immediately pushed him away embarrassed. I did not know what to say.

We had senior players watching us. I felt like handing under a blanket. There were people clicking pictures.

I didn't know what to do....I just came out of there. The tension was so much that even a knife could cut through it.

But unfortunately my actions were not justified to Kl....