Chapter 2

Jennie's Vault Of Memories

I twirled my pen in between my fingers as our Chemistry class continued.

"Why is this class so damn boring?" I heard Nayeon mutter under her breath.

"I know right?" Jeongyeon whispered back to her.

"Be quiet. You might end up getting us in trouble with the teacher" I told the both of them. I didn't look at her but I could practically feel Nayeon rolling her eyes at me.

"Yeah whatever you say Kim" She said.

I looked away from the blackboard for a second and sent Nayeon a death glare.

"Okay okay. I'll be quiet" She told me.

As I turned around to look at the teacher again, something else caught my attention.

It was her.

She was sitting a few desks ahead of me.

"Psst Nayeon" I whispered.

"What?" She mumbled.

"Isn't that the girl who met at the cafeteria a few days ago?"

"What happened to 'no talking' "? Nayeon asked in a whisper. This time I was the one who rolled her eyes.

"Oh yeah, it's her" Jeongyeon commented. "What's she doing with that Japanese girl and that cute short girl from our dance class?"

"Mina and Chaeyoung, you mean?" Nayeon looked at Jeongyeon.

"How do you know them?" Jeongyeon asked.

"Well, Chaeyoung is my neighbour so they have both been good friends of mine" Nayeon said.

"Oh, so Mina and Chaeyoung are the friends that she was talking about" I commented.

"Apparently" Jeongyeon said.

"And she's the one that Chaeng was talking about the other day" Nayeon said knowingly, turning her head back towards me.

"They're friends, right?" I asked.

"Yeah. The new girl. I don't remember her name but I think it was-"

"Im Nayeon and Kim Jennie, is everything alright over there?" The teacher spoke, cutting Nayeon off.

"Oh.. yeah sorry Mr. Shin" I quickly spoke and lowered my head to avoid the other classmates' gazes.

However, the moment I looked back up, I found someone still looking at me.

That girl.

As soon as our eyes met, she turned back around and refocused on the teacher.

Cute, I thought to myself and smiled.

"Only the two of you got called out" Jeongyeon grinned.

Nayeon was quick to kick her foot under the desk and cover her mouth before she could react. I stifled a laughter and opened my notebook to take notes.

I wondered what the girl's name was.

----------

I walked out of my last of the day alone. Jeongyeon and Nayeon had dance class together. So, I decided to go there before leaving.

I saw them standing outside the door and so, I called out to them.

"Najeong!" I smiled as I walked up to them.

"Jendeukie!" Nayeon said as she turned towards me. It was then that I noticed that there was a third girl with them.

"Hey" The girl smiled shyly. "I'm Mina"