She piled her plate up and started to eat. She pulled out her phone and started typing and when I heard the ping I know it's me she texted.

I pulled out my phone and read her text telling me that she's going to the salon. I tell her that it's fine and to make sure that she brings Luca and Antonio with her. I also ask if she needs money but she slams me down as usual. She looked at me before getting up and leaving.

~~~

I'm dressed in a black Armani suit with a red tie by the time it's seven-thirty. The function starts at eight thirty but people would've already arrived. I shoot Alyssa a text to hurry up as I'm having a pre drink before I get there.

I'm playing with the stem of the beer, my legs sprawled as I lean back on the couch. I see a flash of red in the corner of my eyes so I avert my attention to the stairs where Alyssa is coming down.

She's dressed in a curve hugging long red dress that flares at the end and has one strap going over her right shoulder. Her neck is wearing the silver diamond embedded necklace that I got her for Christmas and her feet are clad in silver heels. I go back up to her face which is fully done and she's wearing red lipstick for the first time since we've been together. There's something confident and sinister about a black women wearing red lipstick especially my woman. Her hair is black and long and cascades down her back in waves.

She is definitely gonna turn heads when we arrive. She's beautiful, pregnant and she's going to stand out from the majority of white people there.

She's so fucking stunning right now that I'm happy I picked out my most beautiful car for her to ride in.

I picked up the keys for the Rolls Royce Phantom and lead her outside. I opened the door for her and she looked almost in awe as she got in the pristine white vehicle.

She's looking at me through her side eye but I feel it. I'm trying to focus on the road but my tie feels like it's choking me.

I was happy the minute we arrived so I could hop out of the car. I threw my keys to the valet.

"Not...one...fucking...scratch," I warn.

"Yes Mr. Rossini," the valet says before leaving.

We entered the ballroom where I immediately started sniffing out the place. Many of our acquaintances were here from the different Italian families. I lead Alyssa to our table and she sat down comfortably. My brothers noticed my arrival and Elena immediately went to Alyssa to talk to her.

I saw Elena looking over at the Moratti's, that snobby family that I couldn't fucking stand. She thinks that I don't know but I know she's got a thing for the youngest son Leon Moratti. She needs to stay away from made men if she knows what's good for her.

"Your baby mama is looking like a snack," Dante said.

"I know," I grimaced.

He chuckled, "So when are you guys gonna make up? You can't play games forever."

"Mind your business."

"Man she's hot and single again and all these men will sweep her up and you know it. You're gonna let because of your pride you miss out on that?"