Chapter 5: News

The first thing that came to her mind was , pure hatred. She looked straight into those grey eyes but she saw a difference, the eyes that once used to be cold were now somewhat softer .
She wanted to speak but nothing left her mouth, then after as if on que Draco spoke up"Stop staring at me granger, I know I am awfully handsome." with his all too familiar signature smirk . Hermione didn't realised that she was staring at him and looked down and after a second she spoke up" What are u doing here Malfoy" and the last word had the hatred dripping from it.
"Hey easy there Granger , no need to act so rude." She kept looking at him and spoke again" are u here for some work, cause seeing u returning to Hogwarts is kind of astonishing." Draco knew what Hermione had meant, he had way too many bad memories attached to the school.
Draco looked up at her and spoke up "well shouldn't my question be the same for you. Anyways , i have been appointed at the post of the potions professor. "
Hermione couldnt believe her ears she thought she was hallucinating. How could McGonagall appoint Malfoy at such a prestigious post that to after knowing what he or rather his acquaintances' have done. She tried to hide the shock but it was pretty difficult . She always knew that Draco has always had a brilliant mind when it came to the art of potions making but a professor , at hogwarts that is a pretty big thing after all these years.
She looked up at him again and realised that his gaze had been fixed on her all this time and she didn't mention a word after that and stared outside the train window .
The old feeling and memories coming back like the first time she had met Harry and Ron. Thinking about harry made her sad she thought of all the times they had spent together as best friends and although it was not his fault she had cut of all her ties with him just to stay away from anyone who was connected with ron but soon after she left them harry got very furious with ron and their friendship ended on a bad note. Harry had been angry with ron for loosing the only and the best girl he could ever find on earth who liked him for being him .
She heard someone sliding open the door, which broke her train of thoughts.

She saw Neville enter and welcomed him in and offered him to sit , but Neville wasn't listening to a word Hermione was saying cause his gaze was fixed at Draco. Draco realized the and said "Longbottom, what a pleasant surprise" but the words were flat without any feel. Neville didn't look shocked or surprised even a bit and he just said ,"Its good to see u too Draco, but were u not going to come after a week as professor Mcgonagall told me I suppose" Draco replied by saying that he finished his other work early and came here on time . You could see the shock on Hermione's face when she saw the 2 men talking in such a civil manner.
Neville noticed that and said "Oh Hermione did u not k ow draco was going to be here to?" And Hermione just nodded a no. And then after a while she said asked "does everyone know who the teaching staffs are gonna be ?" Abd Neville said yes and he even told her that they had been informed about it by the head mistress. Hermione just sat there thinking why would she be left out and not be informed about this and then she broke into a deep thought process while reading a novel ignoring the two boys talking.

Author's note: Hi guys, hope u guys liked ut . It's just beginning , the story is gonna take a roll in the next few chapters so stay tuned to know what happens next.
And dont forget to vote, comment and share as much as u can.