Chapter 14

The whole night, Arlo had to put up with John hugging him as he sleeps. It was more difficult than he originally thought actually, because there isn't any softness on John except on his cheeks and a little bit on his arms.

Whenever Arlo tries moving or removing John's arms around him, the dark haired man just keeps on hugging him tighter. However, if falling asleep was hard, waking up in the morning was worse.

He woke up facing John, their chest pressed against each other, with John's arm still on his waist. Their lips were just an inch or two apart, legs tangled together.

Arlo can feel John's erection pressing on his thighs, and to Arlo's shame, he was hard too.

The blond cursed their bodies. Morning wood is natural to occur on a healthy male, but because of it, he was put in this extremely awkward situation.

"John...?" he tried waking John up, shaking him lightly.

The dark haired man tilted his head a little bit, causing their lips to touch.

Arlo immediately turned away, not wanting to do something that would affect him later on.

Sighing, he just waited for John to wake up. trying to move himself as far as he stare at the other man's face.

His hand found it's way on John's hair, stroking it gently. It didn't lasted for so long, because as he was stroking it, John woke up. Arlo removed his hand, in which the dark haired man didn't seemed to notice.

"What the fuck...?" John pushed him a little , suddenly aware of how close he was to the blond.

"You won't let go of me the whole night, and when I woke up, we're already like this." Arlo informed him.

Then, John looked down, and up again, sitting when he realized that 'it' was poking against Arlo. John looked pretty embarrassed.

"I must have made you uncomfortable. " John spoke, his voice sounding guilty, "I'm sorry..."

John wasn't like this before... Why is he even apologizing?!

"Don't apologize." Arlo sighed, "Something like this is natural, and before you say it-- no, I am not disgusted with you, you're not filthy either..."

"But you used to rub those words in my face before." John reminded him, "You used to glare at me like I'm the most disgusting thing in the world, what changed, Arlo?"

Damn it. It was just morning and they're like this again. If Arlo said the wrong thing, John might leave.

Arlo didn't really know how much damage he was causing to John before, and now... He regrets it, because the closer he look, the more damaged John already was. He knew that John probably have heard those words a lot before, but to Arlo, he isn't. How could he just convince him?

At this point, Arlo knew that none of his words would work, the damage was already done, and John didn't even seem to love himself anymore.

"John... I'm sorry."

Arlo was sincere, and John could see it, however, John didn't know how to react. This was the first time that Arlo sincerely apologized to him. No one have apologized to John for a long time either.

But, was Arlo apolozing for the things that he've said before? If he was, then there's no need.

What he've said was true anyway.

"Next time..." John spoke, "Just sleep on the bed. I'll  sleep on the sofa so this won't happen again."

The whole day, things were awkward between them. John was more distant compared before, and he rarely talked. It was almost driving Arlo crazy. A lot of things have happened this week, he just wanted to ease John but he seemed to be doing the opposite instead.

John never vents how he feel, but Arlo can see that he wasn't fine. He had a lot weight on his shoulders, the more he tries to conceal it, the more he breaks, and the more obvious the cracks would show.

This afternoon, John went to find a second job, Arlo tried accompanying him again but John told him that he had to go somewhere else after.

Arlo assumed that he was going to the hospital, so he just let him leave alone.

Once he've left, he texted Seraphina, informing her about how John was, about his attack and him moving in. As Arlo expected, Seraphina was really worried and at the same time relieved that John was fine and that he's finally looking for another job.

Arlo told her about how down John was, and how he looked troubled about money.

Seraphina actually wanted to help him by giving him financial support, but Arlo told her that he'll feel terrible and assume that it was just out of pity. So instead, she told him that she could introduce him to her connections, even asking when she could meet-up with John again.

The blond thought that it would work better, afterall, John was attractive and fit, and simple modelling would give him a lot of money. It was better than him going back to stripping and prostitution, and maybe, it would restore some of his self esteem back.

Arlo decided to discuss things to John once he've gotten home, and so, he waited.

However, Arlo became troubled. When it was already passed eight, he started getting worried, messaging him about where he was, and if he was fine. John didn't responded, but then, when it was passed eleven at night, he came home, seemingly drunk.

He had hickeys on his neck.

Arlo felt mad.

"John..! I thought you're finally going to stop this, we had an agreement didn't we? Did you really missed doing this, getting fucked by different men?!"

The blond knew that his words were harsh, but he was just mad and he couldn't stop himself. He felt betrayed because he thought that John was finally stopping this.

"I didn't managed to find another job..." John said, "It... It wasn't enough, it wouldn't be enough."

John really looked miserable, and his eyes was red. He looked more vulnerable, probably because of the alcohol, but Arlo failed to notice them all.

"So you have to sleep around again? Is that it, John? Do you really like doing this to yourself?! "

"Is it wrong... Arlo?" John asked, "Do you think... I actually enjoy this? Do you think I liked it when they touch me... Telling me how much filthy I am, how much of a failure I am, telling me how I deserve to live like this? You think it was fun being treated like dirt as they humiliate you...? Do you... really think that I like this, Arlo?"

Arlo noticed that John had been trembling, and he realized how hurt John looked. He couldn't say anything, and

"I-I just wanted my father to live... I-is is that too much to ask...?"

John broke down in tears for the first time in years. He fell down on his knees as he continued to cry, he hugged himself, trembling, Arlo wrapped his arms around John trying to calm him down. John just kept on crying, to the point when he almost couldn't breathe. He told Arlo about everything, about his father, his mother and even about the attack.

Arlo remained holding him on his arms, until John eventually had fallen asleep.