Chapter 11

John told Arlo that he was going to think about it, though he got the feeling that John already made-up his mind about declining his offer.

Four days have passed since he made that offer, and John still haven't given him any answer. He knew John's number now, and John knew his number as well but, he didn't even send any message. Arlo wasn't the type to like texting, but sometimes, he had  this urge to ask how the dark haired man have been doing. He was considering of calling the dark haired man since it was his break, but then again, what would he say?

This confusion was driving Arlo nuts, and although he's not dumb, he couldn't understand what he felt for John. He like having the other man around, and sometimes, he finds him endearing. However, would you call it an adoration when Arlo didn't even like his mindset and his attitude?

It couldn't be love too, because he've never felt his heart beating fast around John. But despite of that, he cared for him more than someone should care for their rival, or even for their friend.

Maybe, this could be called an obsession, though Arlo doubt that considering that he haven't even gotten to the point of doing weird or illegal things because of him.

Whatever these feelings are, one thing's for sure. Arlo is interested in John, and he'll do everything that it takes just to make him atleast trust Arlo.

Noticing the blond looking so stressed, Isen spoke.

"You've been like this ever since you told me about John."

Arlo raised his eyebrows, "Like what?"

"You look so stressed as if you're handling twenty cases at once, chill bro. There haven't been that much crime lately, and you're just reviewing and doing follow-ups on old cases."

"Isen, I am not stressed. I was just thinking." Arlo denied.

"Okay, if you said so. Anyway, how's John? After the raid, did he found another job? You didn't invited him to the reunion."

Isen is so nosy. Can't he just mind his own damn business?

"Why would I know? And, I don't think he'd like to be invited anyway."

"Arlo, I don't know but, I get this feeling that there's something going on between you and John." Isen said, "But that's just a feeling, don't kill me--"

"There's nothing going on." Arlo sighed.

It was just him feeling this things, Arlo knew that John wanted nothing to do with him.

After his work, Arlo headed to his home. He've been arriving earlier compared before, given that there haven't been much crimes lately, which was good. But because of those extra time he had, he always ended up thinking about John. Even if he tried to ignore those thoughts by reading books, watching a movie or just writing down things, it always comes back to him.

This night, it was raining. Arlo couldn't help but wonder if John was on his home, or if he was spending the night on some other man's house. He'd like to think that he was on his home but...

There was a knock on the door. He almost couldn't hear it because of the rain but, luckily he did.

When he opened the door, standing in front of him was John.

He was soaked in rain, severely wounded and covered in blood. John looked very unstable, and weak, like he was about to fall.

Who did this to John?!

"Arlo... I'm sorry..."

"John!"

The dark haired man collapsed in front of him, but fortunately, Arlo was able to catch him on his arms.

He tried to remain calm although he was already panicking, lying him gently on the floor, removing his clothing to see his wounds.

Arlo was alarmed.

John had a lot of burn marks, bruises, and cuts on his whole body. Judging those wounds, it seemed like he was attacked by more than one person, and one of them uses fire as an ability.

It was raining really hard, and Arlo couldn't bring him to the hospital without risking his life. Arlo could make a tonic, but it still wouldn't be enough to heal him. He could call Elaine! Though Arlo doubt that she could fully heal him, it's better than leaving John like this.

When the rain stops, he'll bring him to the hospital, but for now, he'll call Elaine.

"Hello Arlo, why did you call? It's already--" he interrupted her

"Elaine. Go to my house as fast as you can, now!! " Arlo commanded her, panic evident on his voice.

Elaine lives thirty minutes away from his house, so Arlo had to wait. While waiting, he made a tonic for John, gently forcing it on his mouth for him to drink.

John's body was cold, but he was breathing. His pulse was weak, and Arlo was afraid for it to stop.

When Elaine arrived, she rushed towards them, surprised at what she saw.

"John?! Arlo what happened?"

Elaine had a lot of questions on her mind, but seeing John like this after 6 years was bothering. John was strong, powerful and intimidating. There's something dark about the man that no one is able to match, but right now...

"Elaine, just heal him. I'll explain later..."

Elained nodded her head, activating her ability and using it to heal John.

There was also something wrong with Arlo, he looked pale, although he was trying to remain calm in front of her. John being here was already questionable, but seeing Arlo like this, Elaine knew that Arlo have to be involved with John.

She also noticed his reaction when Isen mentioned the dark haired man before, it was almost like he doesn't want anyone to know about John, or what it was he's hiding.

Elaine felt her energy draining, but John's wounds still aren't completely healed. It was odd because his healing rate seemed to be slowed down, and healing him was very tiring, it's almost as if John's body was absorbing her energy.