Chapter 8

After learning that the owner is indeed involved, Arlo knew that the bar would forever be closed down, and his problem? John. He didn't know what would happen now to the dark haired man, and how he would explain everything to him.

The thing is, he didn't want John to have that kind of job again, and he knew that there's a high possibility that John would sleep around for money or apply on another bar after learning that the bar he works at would forever be closed down.

Since it was weekend, today was Arlo's day off. He thought that he would tell John now, and if possible, help him find a new job since he also felt responsible, although Arlo's team did it to prevent the drugs from speading any further and to punish those that are involved for their illegal actions.

He didn't really understand why John is desperate for money, but he knew that it wasn't because that John is greedy, Arlo felt like it's because he just badly needed it.

Arlo really wanted to know the reason why, but he knew that John wouldn't easily reveal it to him, especially their given history at Wellston.

When John woke up, he looked confused, staring at Arlo while still half asleep, and Arlo just remembered, what he implied last night...

"I waited yesterday." John said.

"I never had an intention of doing it with you," Arlo clarified, "I just said it for you to leave."

The dark haired man rubbed his eyes, and Arlo couldn't help but think that he looked childish at the moment.

"It was obvious. I'm not that dumb..."

"Then why did you wait for me, John ?" the blond asked, a grin creeping on his face.

John wasn't able to answer.

Arlo felt a small victory, but he knew that he shouldn't feel like this because it would only fuel up and piss John off.

But just like they say, old habits die hard.

"Are you implying something, Arlo?" John questioned, he somehow looked like he was getting pissed off.

"Nothing John. Nothing at all." although Arlo said that, his grin didn't make it any better.

"You know Arlo, I'm starting to suspect something. You kept on acting kind to me despite how terrible your words are. You don't like me, nor do you like seeing me do my job, yet you keep on involving yourself with me. " John moved closer, his eyes locked on Arlo's.

The blond knew he shouldn't bite back, but it was just so hard not to.

"Don't feel so special now. We both know that it's just for the case. Just like I said before, I'm disgusted by you, John. If you think I'm interested with you in 'that' sort of way, you're wrong."

"Oh really?"

Then John leaned closer, pressing his lips against Arlo's.

The blond was so surprised at what John did, that he ended up pushing the other man on the floor.

"You're really like this aren't you, John? Were you saddened that you don't get to be fucked? Or were you saddened that I wouldn't give you money if we didn't do it?" Arlo didn't really meant to say that, but he couldn't think properly and was just so surprised and...

It may just be nothing to John, but to Arlo it isn't.

When he looked down, John looked hurt, and Arlo felt guilty at what he've said. Arlo was the one who started this in the first place, and he knew how John was, yet he still continued it.

He should apologize. He should lower his pride and apologize to John.

"John, I'm..."

The dark haired man stood up.

"I'm leaving." he said, "You don't have to pay me anymore. I'll return your clothes to you later, and this would be the last time you'll see me."

This wasn't Arlo's intention. Did he really hurt John that much? He just got caught up with his emotions and, he just wasn't expecting John to kiss him like this.

The moment John left, Arlo reflected on everything. How could he possibly help John when they always ended up arguing, and when Arlo always ended up saying the wrong things? John never asked his help in the first place, if John wanted to continue whoring himself out, shouldn't he just let him be?

They never were on the good terms when they were at Wellston, and they even opposed and hated each other. What gave Arlo the idea to help John in the first place? John had chosen this life, therefore Arlo really shouldn't interfere even if he's a waste of a high-tier.

In a span of two hours, John came back knocking on his door, and Arlo immediately opened it. He was holding a paper bag that seemed to contained Arlo's clothes, and the expression on his face still looked hurt.

The blond thought he've made up his mind, but when he saw John again, he wasn't sure anymore.

"I've brought your clothes back." John said, "It's been washed but maybe you could wash it again to lessen the filth."

The dark haired man handed him the paper bag, "I hope this would be the last time you'll see me."

John have already turned his back, about leave, but Arlo spoke.

"The bar had been closed last night." Arlo said, "What would you do now?"

"I would fuck around for money, isn't it obvious, Arlo?" John faced him.

Arlo shouldn't care, this was John's life.

"You don't have to. I believe you can find another job other than that." Arlo replied, "I could help you."

"I don't need your help. " the dark haired man told him, "Stop trying to do things for me if you're only doing it because of your obsession with order. I don't need you butting-in in my life, and I don't need any of your torture either."

With that, John left, heading straight to his home. He felt stupid.

A part of him have thought before that Arlo have changed, and that he's really helping John out of his own kindness, but it seemed like he've thought wrong, and Arlo was only doing this to mock him because this is what he've only become. But then again, why would he trust Arlo? After what he did when he was in Wellston?

John checked his phone once he've gotten home, he was upset, and he wish he could have someone whom he could vent his emotions with.