14 - The Miracle Job Part 1

"Ready and go!" Parker exclaimed clicking the stop watch. Sang sprang into action inserting the pin into the lock just like Parker had shown her. Moving as fast as she could, Sang twisted the pin making quick work of the lock. It popped open falling to the table. Sang looked up at Parker questioningly. Parker clicked the watch again looking down at the time.

"33 seconds, not bad," she told the young girl. Sang nodded and moved to pick of the lock. She needed to practice to get even better.

"Stop corrupting Sang, Parker," Eliot stated walking into the conference room. Parker just stuck her tongue out at him before focusing back on Sang. It had been a couple of weeks since their last job. They all were becoming a bit stir crazy but Sang loved them being around. Each of them tried to teach her various skills. She wanted to learn it all.

"How fast?" Hardison asked coming into the room and deducing what was going on almost instantly.

"33 seconds," Sang told him locking the lock back.

"Nice," Hardison told her holding out his fist. She bumped it with her own before turning back to Parker who nodded and clicked the watch again. Sang immediately went to work until the lock was unlocked.

"24 seconds," Parker stated looking impressed. Sang smiled but she wanted to get under twenty seconds. All of a sudden Eliot froze seeing something behind Sang. Sang turned and saw Sophie entering the office.

"Hey. Sophie's here. Man, what do I tell her?" he asked them.

"Anything but the truth," Hardison replied. Sophie had taken part in a local play and last night was opening night. The team had gone in support and Sang was amazed at the difference in Sophie's skill on and off stage. She was with Eliot and didn't really know what to say that wouldn't hurt her feelings.

"Hey," Sophie greeted walking into the conference room.

"Hey!" Eliot replied with a little too much forced enthusiasm.

"Thank you so much for coming to my play last night."

"No problem," Sang told her.

"Last night was awesome," Parker said putting down the stop watch. Sophie instantly brightened.

"Thanks, Parker."

"Yeah, it was like a horror movie," Parker stated. "Attention must be paid." Her voice got low and Sang had to hold back a laugh. Sophie looked taken aback and didn't seem to really know how to take that comment.

"Oh."

"Yeah," Hardison said. "I mean, you're not the first person I would think of to play Willy Loman, but you-you worked it out." Sang winced at the obvious lie in his voice but Sophie thankfully didn't seem to notice and brightened again especially after Eliot agreed with Hardison. She headed out of the room causing them both to finally relax.

"That was the worst night of my life," Eliot stated vehemently. Sang narrowed her eyes skeptical of that and she wasn't the only one.

"Come on, man, you've been in worse situations," Hardison stated.

"No. no, that was the worst," Eliot replied shuddering slightly as he walked away. The others followed him into the next room where the rest of the team sat. Sang watched in amusement as Nate almost dug himself a grave talking to Sophie about her latest acting role. He was saved when he phone went off. He glanced down at it obviously surprised at what he saw.

"Hi. Maggie? Is everything okay?" he asked leaving the room quickly. Sang watched him go concerned.

"Who's Maggie?" Parker asked obviously not picking up on the tension that now filled the room. All signs of happiness had left Sophie's face.