My joints protested viciously since I hadn't moved from the doorway for hours. My eye drifted around for the medication we had with us, but Adam was a step ahead and was already holding 2 teal colored pills in his hand. I took them and quickly chucked them into my mouth to ingest them.

"We need to get going," Cooper said as he grabbed a couple of clothing items off of the floor, Adam nodded his head in agreement,

"Shouldn't we also find some food? For you guys... since... I can't stomach much." I suggested and they looked at each other and shook their heads.

"We aren't that hungry and we should really get moving while everything is quiet--"

"Funny you mention that..." I interrupt Cooper,

"It's been too quiet. Or am I just being paranoid?" I asked them with uncertainty but Adam soon broke the silence that was rupturing our eardrums,

"We... I mean I feel that way too but I just haven't been able to confirm the true situation we are heading into. Since we only just woke up and my mind isn't functioning."

"But I don't think we have to worry about that. We only have to sprint to the highway that's right in front of this academy." Cooper interjected, I rolled my eyes at the mention of sprinting,

"I think you are forgetting about the girl who has no control over her body... I can only drag my feet..." I said harshly but continued my train of thought.

"I should honestly be left behind and hope that I find my wa--"

"FUCK NO!!!!" Adam yelled as he grabbed my bicep tightly, I hissed out but he didn't let go.

"You are coming with us... That's that. End of discussi--"

"I was only suggesting--" I yanked my arm out of his grasp and he spoke over me,

"A terrible suggestion. Now moving onto more serious matters... Where in the school are we?" We all filed out of the small room and into the hallway to look around.

The walls were covered in newspapers with the eye of people scratched out and dust. The boys went towards different ways around us as I went towards the closest desk in search of clues. My arm was wrapped around my abdomen because of the seething pain running through me with each step. I leaned against the desk, blinking furiously to get rid of the blurriness in my vision before reaching down to one of the drawers.

I pulled at it but it didn't budge, my brows knitted together in confusion and made me look down at the desk... and sure enough, I found that all the drawers required a key.

"Shit..." I whispered as I looked around for one of the boys, but they were gone. A tad bit of fear went through me but I knew that they could take care of themselves. Yet I did call out their names,

"Adam...? Cooper...?" Nothing came back other than my small echo, my eyelashes fluttered as I bit more paranoia ran through me.

"It's okay, Blair... just deal with the desk," I muttered to myself as I reached for the handle again, this time I gave it a great big jerk... but it only caused me to gasp from the pain that was shot through me. I let go of the knob and put all of my weight against the table and waited for the pain to subside.

I looked around the room for anything that could possibly pry open the drawer... cause who locks a drawer if there isn't something important. My eyes skimmed past a knife laying on one of the tables where we came from, I quickly limped over and swiped the weapon off of where it was laying.

I jammed the edge of the knife in between the frame of the drawer and the drawer itself. I wiggled it around until the drawer popped out, inside was a mountain of pages and an occasional pencil. The pages were yellowed from damage and age, I rummaged through them and under all of them I saw parchment paper with black lines that almost looked like the outlines of a building. I quickly retrieved it from the drawer and started to examine it.