Chapter 7

I run to the top of the stairs "Mom!" I yell frantically waiting for an answer.

"Yeah honey?" she yells back but more relaxed than me.

"Have you seen the leather book that was on my bed." I asked holding my breath "No, I can't say I have."

I mentally groan "Thanks." I mutter rubbing my forehead in worry.

I hear the boys in the play room. I decide to ask them if they've seen it as I stand at the door I watch the boys color.

"What'cha got there boys?" I ask already starting to develop a migraine, they hold up drawings of what they want to be for Halloween.

Mace smiles up at me proudly showing his expert drawing of Harry Potter, ever since my sister let him watch the movies he's been obsessed. Finnick smiles just as proudly at his drawing of a wrestler with a black eye.

I rubbed Finnicks head bending down.

"Those are brilliant drawings boys, they should be in a museum." I praised, they went back to adding more features to their costumes when it hit me.

I shot up "Boys where did you get the paper to color on?" I asked trying to hold a normal tone.

Mace pointed to the latter end of the table, only looking up for a second. My eyes followed his small stubby finger to a familiar tattered book. I ran towards it as soon as I realized what it was.

I picked it up flipping through the pages making sure nothing had been messed with or vandalized by 6 year old crayonists.

I flipped through the pages, finally releasing the breath id been holding. Just as I was about to close the book a small blue note came floating out and landed on my foot.

I bent down and picked the paper up, I unfolded it flattening the crease with my finger, I scanned over it.

Meeting today at 2:00. 52nd and 3rd Potbelly. Call Sheila.

929-728-1547

I have a number, for Sheila at least maybe I can call her and tell her the information and she can help me. But what if I call and she thinks I'm crazy or something I don't know.

How would I feel if someone called me 'hey do you remember a guy you met at this place?' that's not even enough information to go on.

I sighed at my mental frustration.

"Thank you boys for giving this back, but please next time ask me instead of just taking it." I said a little frustrated, I padded back to my room debating on calling the number or not.

It might even be disconnected I suggested to myself.

But what if it is? That might scare me more than it not being disconnected. I'm a shy person this is going to be hard to do if I decide to. I rubbed my hands through my hair while the comfort of my bed surrounded me. It had just started raining outside a couple minutes after Chanceston got here.

"Bren, let's go move you in." my mother yelled up the steps.

"In the rain?" I whined, I wanted to move in but while it was raining? And this looked like the kind of rain that only gets worse. I rolled tighter into my covers as I heard her stomping up the steps, as she reached my door way she cleared her throat.

"Brenlee get up we've got to do it today." She pointed out.

I groaned into my pillow "fine." I gave a muffled mumble. She flung the duvet off my feet making me whine even more, that is one thing I can't sleep through-my feet being uncovered.