Chapter Seven - Hey, No Fighting!

Liam's P.O.V.

So today a decision was made. Jess is staying with Zayn for the whole time while we're here in L.A. since there aren't any rooms and apparently they get along well... He always kniws how to get what he wants from our management. But that's not what angers me. It's just that he doesn't care, it's all just a game to him. To him and Harry. A bet to see who can get the impossible girl. The ultimate challenge for them, to see who's the best with the ladies. They're only thinking about themselves though. What happens after one of them wins? Jessica is going to be standing there with nothing but a broken heart. I should know, they're my best friends and I've witnessed this so many times before. But this is the end of it, I won't let them hurt her. She's... she's got something, I can't really explain what it is but she just always knows what to say and do and she always manages to capture my interest with even the slightest things. I'm going to give it a try, see if she'd like the 'good guy' for a change. I mean, what have I got to lose?

Jessica's P.O.V.

"Soundcheck." Caroline smiled. "We'll pick their stage outfits and see how they go together, how they look on stage while they're performing and everything. The basic stuff you know." She took a sip of her orange juice. I looked around in the breakfast area but there was no sign of any of them. Zayn was already gone when I woke up so they must've gone somewhere already.

"Where-" I didn't even get to finish my sentence before Caroline stopped me.

"They started early." She shrugged. "I hope you're not mad at me anymore." Caroline bit her lip and looked at me with wide eyes.

"Of course not, don't be silly. I'm really grateful that you're trying to look out for me but I'm a big girl..." I winked. "I can look out for myself now."

"I know Jess, I just thought it would be a bit overwhelming if you had five really fit lads fighting over you the first day of work." She chuckled. "Not that they didn't. Trust me, not even a boyfriend can keep them away." We both laughed but I noticed how serious she actually sounded and she's right. It would've been a bit overwhelming

"Shall we?" I said with a grin. She nodded and we both headed to the car. We drove about 20 minutes and stopped at a huge arena. Luckily Caroline knew the way once we were inside, otherwise we would've been lost. As we got closer to the stage, the music started getting louder. We took a different way to not distract them and soon we were backstage in the boys' loge where a lot of work awaited. We had to pick out outfits, match the outfits with songs, set up all the microphones and cords that they have to wear. And all of that while we had five guys running around, distracting us.

"Are we done!?" Caroline exclaimed joyfully after 4 hours of work. I nodded eagerly and we both started jumping with screams of joy. Finally. It wasn't easy but finally it was done.

"And now?" I sighed as I lay down in one of the sofas.

"Now we have to dress them and see how they actually look on the stage." Caroline giggled as she grabbed my arm and pulled me up.

"Noo!" I whined as I reluctantly stood up.

"I'll carry you if you're feeling tired." Niall winked with a grin as he entered the loge. I stuck my tongue out at him as Caroline glared at him. It didn't bother him though, instead he pulled a face that made us all laugh. As the rest of One Direction arrived, we immediately got back to work.

"Jess, can you dress Niall while I start on Harry?" I sighed in relief and nodded at her. With Harry it would've been awkward but Niall's so happy and fun to be around, everything is so easy with him.

"Nooo love, I don't like that." Niall said with a frown as he studied the outfit.

"You don't? It's okay, I'll just pick out something else for you." I smiled. He started laughing and pulled me in to his chest to give me a hug.