closet'

THE DOLANS HATED elijah and didn't even blink an extra time when they heard that he had left for new york.

and elijah only suspected this happening and didn't know for sure but he still understood where they came from.

they didn't know about the hours he spoke to ethan in the hospital and the nights he fell asleep next to him. or the stories he told him while he was asleep and the abundance of prayers he wished to be granted.

shoot, if he was one of them he'd probably hate him too. months of his best friend being in the coma and forget not visiting him, but it also looked like he had just ran away like a coward to a whole other state.

to the dolans it looked like elijah just dropped ethan because he was in the state he was. his inability to do anything besides lay down there with his bruised, messed up face caused by the accident.

but- ethan ethan ethan. that's who elijah stuck by with even when ethan wasn't there for him. even when he'd come in only when after making sure the family wasn't there to see him visit.

and now here he was, in new york city. making it seem like he was a back stabber.

he was away from the ethan who didn't even remember anything about a guy named elijah.

.

it was two weeks since ethan was home now. filled with sad moments, photographs, therapy, and guilt. guilt for not being able to remember anything.

ethan's mom was stressing over the money they needed to pay to the hospital, since insurance didn't cover all of it. she made up her mind to call the day after and ask what was left to be paid.

the thought of the number of digits worried her, and because of it, she went to sleep with a bad headache.