Chapter Thirty (Leave): The End.

As the masked victims started to wake up aroynd you, Dark explained his "brilliant" plan to you. He spoke of how he had contacted his Mark through the void, how he knew of the timelines and Mark's failures, and how he even sent Anti here just in time. It was all apart of this grand scheme that he had been forming ever since he had died. As arrogant as he could be, he was one clever bastard.

You were hanging onto every word he said, your hand locked with his. Fear crept into your heart at even the slightest thought of leaving his side. You had been away for him for far too long, constantly worrying of whether or not he was still alive. There was no way in Hell that you'd ever lose him again.

The sound of scuffling towards you drew your attention away from Dark, your now unmasked friends and family alike stumbling through the lab doors clutching their heads. They all pulled you into a big group hug, their soaking clothes getting leaking onto you, but you didn't mind. You were just so happy that everything turned out okay.

After that day you never heard anything from Mask again, despite being paranoid as hell for the longest time. While most of the general population forgot the whole incident all together, there were some that remembered Mask vaguely and others who remembered their family members losing their minds.

Your friends were among those who did remember Mask himself, but the actual events of being masked and forced into those tubes were blurred. Even so, all of you watching for any sign of reappearance. There were a few false alarms, but other than that, the rest of the school year went by without problems.

In terms of theater, Wilford allowed the students to pick the final show for once since most of you were seniors and you had all worked your asses off to perform for him. The group agreed to do Hamilton, and since you were so wonderful in Hairspray and Be More Chill, Wilford cast you as Eliza Schuyler. Everything went smoothly, other than when Wade, playing John Laurens, tripped while dueling Bob as Charles Lee. Everyone except for Wade seemed to get a kick out of the performance.

Classes were fine too. Although Bim was mostly indifferent towards you most of second tri, he still treated you with respect. You weren't really bothered by his behavior. He wasn't a teacher you really cared about anyways.

Third tri was surprisingly easy. You still got stuck with psychology c, but now that you and Dark were good, it was all okay. He seemed to be going easier on students and his colleagues as a whole. Even Anti couldn't piss him off nearly as easily as he used to, much to the glitch's displeasure. Sometimes you swore that Dark had a shining blue and golden aura instead of his usual blue and red theme. You wondered if the part of your soul you gave had anything to do with it.

And then you finally saw the light at the end of the tunnel. The day you've been both longing for and dreading came: Graduation. Your family came, as did Mark, Dark, Wilford, and Jack.

Your heart raced in your chest as you walked up to the podium to receive your diploma. You shook the principal's hand with a smile, taking the diploma and walking off stage just as quickly. It all felt so surreal to have such a huge part of your life be finished just like that. The goal that you had been working on for twelve whole years had finally been achieved and you were done.

You sat back in your seat with a smile on your face, catching a glimpse of Anti peeking around the corner in the hallway. He smirked at you with a little wink before walking off.

"I can't believe we're finally done." Ethan, your walking partner, whispered with a wide smile.

"Me too." You whispered back, stealing a glance at Dark sitting in the bleachers. He was staring directly at you with a small smile, giving you a discreet nod. "It's a weird feeling honestly."