Bowling Pins?

You went back to New York, still under the radar, and met up with Peter at Delmar's. "Who made the bomb." You asked as you sat down. "I don't want to know what tech it's made up of. Did you get any prints, or fibers?" You corrected.

"Yeah. There's this rich guy, he's some kind of mob boss. His name is Kingpin. He has a wife and son, but they don't know what it is he does. Do you think you can get some dirt on him from your top secret job Y/n?" He asked

"Ahem...  Yeah. About the job..." You murmured nervously. "I've gone under the radar. They don't know where I am. Except my boss. It's part of my job. And also a coping mechanism... Cause... You know..." You left the sentence hanging.

"So, Spider-Man... Has he been around lately?" You asked, getting rid of the previous subject.

"Yeah. He's trying to find the guys who tried to reclaim the Winter Soldier. Or White Wolf... Whatever his name is now." Peter nodded.

"How do you know this?" You queried.

"I'm a photographer. I see faces all around the city. I have a direct number to him if I happen to see the guy with the red book." He shrugged.

"Does it have a black star on the front?" You asked.

"How do you-"

"Don't look now, or make any sudden movements, but he's right behind you. Reading it." You murmured.

Peter laughed, and the man with the book looked up sharply. He went back to reading the book. "Well, we should get to the airport love, we don't want to miss our flight!" He said in a perfect British accent.

You stood up after he did, and as the two of you walked by him, Peter tripped. Causing you to stumble into the man. The book fell from his hands. You grabbed the book, and replaced it with another red book. It was full of doodles. It too, had a black inky star on the front. You drew and colored the star while in class out of boredom. Now it came in handy.

"Sorry Mate, I didn't mean to hurt you. Come along Cassidy! We're about to miss the plane!" He said swiftly, helping you up. The two of you walked out of the store quickly, and got into a taxi. "Sir, go to the Avenger's compound. Y/n, I'll meet you there. I'm going to call you-know-who, and I'm going to see what I can do about that guy... I might be able to lead him away from you and the book. Give it to Spider-Man. Nobody else. Got it." He commanded in a whisper.

"If I run into the guy who previously had the book, and I happen to see a hero, I'll give it to them." You whispered back. The taxi man pulled over at Peter's command, he paid him extra for pulling over, then ran off to make the phone call.

On the way to the compound, you told the man to pull over a few streets before you were even close to the area. He pulled over, and you got out. He sped off, and you waited for the taxi to get out of sight. You stripped off the hoodie you were wearing, and the jeans. Underneath it all was your suit. You put the book in your utility belt, slapped the mask on, and pressed a button on the fingerless gloves you had on. Metal claws came out with a hiss, and you started to run.

You were running downhill, when you started to get off balance. A dark black tail came out of the belt provided balance that corrected your wobbles.

When you were in sight distance of the compound, you ran towards it with your last stores of energy. That's when black limos started to arrive. As well as the Avengers.

A big, sorry, a humongous man, built like a square got out of a limo. He was in a white suit, with a red tie. He reminded me of a bowling pin...

"Kingpin." You stated. Accidentally. Out loud.

"Ah, I've been expected I assume?" He asked with a sneer.

"No. You're trespassing. You also set off the alarm." Captain America stated.

Kingpin looked at him, then wondered if he understood sarcasm. Then he put the matter aside. "Well, I believe that you have something that belongs to a friend of mine. Something you shouldn't have."

"And what might that be?" Tony Stark asked, removing his helmet.

"The Soldier. The one with the metal arm." He answered.

"I believe you have a problem!" I announced, getting in front of the man. I stood between the world's mightiest heroes, and a mob boss. Dangerous people. One wrong word could end your odd life.

"What might that so-called problem be, pussycat?" He spat.

"First off, I'm no house cat. Second, you don't have the book with the trigger words, therefore you can't get the soldier, and three... You just pissed me off. I could've been in Bermuda, surfing," you lied. "But instead I have to put up with some pathetic man, with a pathetic, flimsy argument." You replied.

He took a step towards you, as did the Avengers. "Let's get this  straight, child... I'm not pathetic. I am-"

"That's what everyone says when they know they're pathetic." You scoffed. Better keep the man talking. You motioned for the heroes to walk towards you with a hand behind your back.

"You don't know anything about me, nor do you know what it is I can, and will do."

"Time to bring out the big guns." You thought with a smirk. Someone put a hand on your shoulder. Out of the corner of your eye, you saw that it was Black Widow's hand.

"You're a killer. You've got red in your ledger. You obviously don't care who it is, or what it is that they've done, but you kill them." Black Widow said, raising an eyebrow, and taking her hand off my shoulder. She brought her hand down to a belt much like mine. She grabbed a small gadget.

"Not to mention, you hide it. From your wife. And your child. They don't know that you kill. They think you sit behind a desk, and manage payments. You do that. Only the payment... It's death." You added with a collected tone.

He took a step back, and for a second fear flashed in his eyes. Then he yelled, "Like you're any better!" He moved, with alarming speed. He slapped Widow, and before his arm could get to me, a web caught it.

"Man... I just wanted to go bowling!" The Spider-Man complained.

AN: sorry it's short! I've been reading, and cleaning, and watched t.v. today. 😅
I needed some Me-Time. I'm excited because soon it's going to be Summer!!! Longer chapters, more time to read and reply to comments... Check the inbox that probably has a million messages.... Anyways, if I don't update it is because of housekeeping... I just love chores. 😒