Episode 28| Knowledge is Key

Please vote. I would appreciate it, especially if you're enjoying the story.

This version is different than the inkitt one, a little longer.

Picasso's P.O.V.

We were only on Monday and Javier already had way too much energy given the time of day. Dude must've been inhaling energy drinks on his way to school to keep up his peppy, high wired spirit. His life was falling apart at every corner anytime we talked, confusing me at what he had to be happy for.

I had a hand to my mouth, catch a yawn when he went on a rant, once more, about the continuous drama between him and his girlfriend. If he kept this up, I'd suggest to him to get a new partner just to save me from the annoying interactions I had to listen to, time and time again. With how often he told me, I thought this was becoming into a three-person relationship considering he thought I care this much to hear about it.

I turned the corner, exiting out of my classroom with him barking in my ear and detailing the new episode of craziness his girl had dumped in his life. I was surprised this guy wasn't on suicide watch for how dismal his life panned out to be. After spotting Elijah, I waved him over so that I wouldn't have to hear Javier blabbering any longer.

"She wouldn't get off my dick after searching my phone. The disrespect," Javier exclaimed, "Talking 'bout, oh I know you deleted it. Wish I could've told her, bitch, yes the fuck I did. Be quicker next time."

He laughed, but neither Elijah nor I found humor in his statement, looking at him like a clown with no tricks.

"Yo scary ass wouldn't say that shit to her. You'd get slapped so hard you'd forget how to breath," Elijah chimed in, mimicking what he believed would transpire if Javier were hit, clasping his chest, flailing his arms into me, and gasping unrealistically for air. "You cried when she slashed the tires of your mom's car because she couldn't find yours in the parking lot. I still got the video."

"Why the fuck did you film that?"

"It helps me fall asleep at night. I laugh so much from it that it comforts me," he replied, getting a smack from the back of the head from Javier. "Man, don't get mad at me for what she did. And worst of all, you kept crying about it instead of doing something about it."

"I cried because I was the one who got the repercussions."

I peered at him differently, seeing him in a new light. "You stayed with her after she did that? I didn't know you were talking about the same girl."

"Have you not been listening?"

I wasn't. I wasn't at all.

"Who is it you're dating again?" I asked, act like I'd remember by tomorrow. "Was it Bailey?"

"No, her name's Yenifer."

"You're dating Yenifer?" Shaking my head, I said, "You really don't make sense, Javier. How are you stubborn, a thug, and a crybaby? Pick a characteristic that doesn't conflict with each other. Now that I think about it, you're just a doormat."

"Calling him a doormat is an insult to doormats," Elijah pointed out. "He's worse than that."

"Man, shut up. You don't have a girl."

Elijah hooted a laugh. "You think I care? You're talking to someone who brags about being born from a C-section because that means I've never touched a vagina. I'm platinum star gay."