~ Tenth Chapter ~

With fast movements, Avalon lifted them from the floor. Her hair was in disorder, her eyes full of panic. People flee to shelter. The roller coasters were burning. Avalon turned around. Her attention was drawn to shadows in the woods. She clicked her teeth angrily.

"Go, find some shelter, and do not go out of it!" she yelled at them.

"Where are you going?" Emmet asked.

"I must... Do something." she said, looking toward the woods.

"Avalon!" called Nathan.

"What is it?!" she barked, turning to look at them.

"Harper's not good..." Nathan muttered.

Avalon frowned. She sighed and started her hardened feet. She came to the pale Harper and felt her pulse. Harper's eyes were closed.

"Harper! Wake up!" she shouted, slapping her cheeks.

Harper's tired eyes opened. Her eyes were bloody, and the iris completely lost color. Avalon leaned her ear on her chest. Her breathing was shallow, and her heart pounded slowly.

"Shit! Shit! Shit!"

She unbuttoned her tight leather jacket and pulled it off with Harper. She swung her hand toward her face. There was one slap, second, third. Nathan and Emmet were shocked to watch Avalon slapping Harper with all the power leaving her red prints.

"Breathe, Harper!" she yelled and slappedher once more. "You can not die here!"

"Avalon! Avalon!" Nathan yelled when she once again drew back her hand.

She tossed them her leather jacket. She raised Harper in her arms and gave her to Nathan.

"She is poisoned! Find a shelter and keep her alive!"

"Where are you going?" he asked frantically.

"For the rest, do not worry at this moment for me! Take care of Harper, who could die every moment!" she said. "Go now!"

Nathan nodded and, together with Emmet and Harper, ran away from Avalon. Avalon ran into the woods. She stamped through the woods to the camp, killing the ghouls that stood in her way. He had been thinking about Harper all the time.

On their way to the shelter, none of them stopped or turned. They ran to an old warehouse near the carriages they used to ride and have fun that evening earlier. Nathan's eyes fell to Harper in his hands. He hurried up.

"Emmet! Emmet!" he heard a voice.

Emmet stopped and turned to study of where it came from. Nathan also stopped near Emmet. The boy with brown hair and crystal green eyes like Emmet's ran up to them.

"Carlos?!" Nathan and Emmet ask him in the same voice.

"What is happening?" the thirteen-year-old asked.

"I do not know, but you have to go with us."

"But my friends..."

"I believe your friends are safe! Carlos, let's go!" Emmet said and clutched his hand.

They continued to run, along with Carlos, to the old warehouse. Another explosion was heard behind them. Nathan turned to look at what caused her. The ghouls were running through the fire to people who were trying to escape. One ghoul grabbed the woman and ate her with its sharp teeth in front of Nathan's eyes.

Nathan's stomach turned several times. Still, he managed to keep what he had eaten inside. For a few moments they jumped inside the warehouse. Nathan put Harper on the tablecloths that were there. He removed his jacket and covered her with it. Emmet and Carlos bargained the door with drawers and cabinets out of the warehouse.