~ Second Chapter ~

Two months passed. High school wasn't complicated like Nathan thought it will be. He met new friends and he wasn't alone anymore. Chaz was one of his closest friends. But there was something strange about him. He never talked about himself too much, every time Nathan was the one talking. Like he hide his life from Nathan.

New week started. Nathan woke up sweaty again. Again stupid nightmare. He stood up and went in a bathroom to wash his face. He looked tired. And he felt like that too. Nathan sighed, then returned to his room and changed his clothes. While he was checking if he put everything in school bag, some weird glow caught his eye. He looked towards his desk and almost screamed.

Glowing butterflies were back after two months. On the first day of school, there was only one. And now... There was hundred of them. Some of them were white, but most of them were glowing yellow. His mum entered the room.

"I am going now. Breakfast is in the kitchen. Lock the doors and..." She stopped when she saw scared look on his face.

He was looking towards his desk without blinking. Then, he looked at his mum. She followed his eyes towards the desk. Mum frowned and looked back at him.

"What is going on, sweetie?"

"I..."

"Are you sick?" She put her hand on his forehead to check his temperature.

It seemed that she couldn't see butterflies on his desk.

"You don't seem sick..."

"On the desk..." He mumbled.

His mum looked at his desk once again. She seemed confused. Nathan felt dizzy when mum leaned on his desk. Her hand just passed through one butterfly.

"What? Nothing's here, honey."

No, she doesn't see them. And he will not tell her about them. His mum will send him to hospital.

"Nathan, are you okay?"

"Yes, I just..." He stopped. "I just lost myself in my thoughts. That's all."

His mum was reasonable about everything. But she wouldn't be about invisible glowing butterflies on his desk.

"Are you sure? I can call hospital and ask someone to cover my shift..."

"No. Mum. I am okay."

She looked at him once again. Then, his mum just sighed and kissed his forehead.

"Okay. Call me after school."

Nathan nodded and his mum left. When she was gone, Nathan waved his hand towards butterflies. They started flying. Soon, they all flew away through closed window. What is going on? Is someting wrong with him? Maybe he is crazy? He took deep breath to calm down.

Nathan took his bag and left the house. When he came to school, Chaz joined him with wide smile on his face. They went towards the classroom together.

"I heared that we are getting new student today." Chaz smirked.

"Really? From who?" Nathan rised his eyebrow.

"Others."

Nathan smiled when professor Jenkins came. She was smiling widely and leaned on desk with her hands.

"So, children. Like you already heared, we have a new student. Come in, child." She turned towards the doors of classroom.

Doors opened. Short and thin girl went inside. She had long pink, straight hair and big, shiny blue eyes. She was wearing black skirt and high socks, white t-shirt with some black print and denim jacket.