"Sorry," she said when she realizes I'm just staring at her.

She brushed a lock of hair behind her ear and blushes.

I snapped out of my trance and averted my eyes away from her.

"I'll get you some ginger beer then. If I can't find it in America then I'll let someone ship it here."

Her face lit up, "You would do that for me?"

"I'd do anything for my child."

Her face dropped and I realized what I just said.

"I know what I did was wrong Elijah but you can't keep acting like you hate me," she said.

I furrowed my eyebrows, "I don't hate you Alyssa, you're the mother of my child. However I can't stand you because you're a liar and you run away from your problems without ever trying to fix them."

"I am trying Elijah what more do you want from me? You're done with me but now I'm done with you. I'm so done with trying to be your friend and trying to ease the tension between us it's not worth you treating me like this," she said.

"I'm treating you like this for a reason, you can't just walk away from me and believe that when you come back everything will be back to normal. That's not how life works Alyssa!" I shouted.

"Whatever, I'm done arguing with you everyday. Stay away from me and I'll stay away from you," she said.

"It's my pleasure. And make sure you eat your fucking breakfast you need to keep yourself and the baby healthy."

She glared at me and when I'm about to walk out she threw a bagel at my head. I just shook my head before leaving.

That's why we always clash because she has a temperament almost equal to mine.

I should fuck it out of her over the mahogany desk in my office.

Of course it would be a lesson for her to be more respectful.

By the time I'm down the stairs I am greeted by Santino's presence on my couch.

"Took you long enough we need to get going, we still have the investigation of dad's death going on and we captured someone who's involved."

I huffed, "I'm sorry man Alyssa's just been working my last nerve."

He chuckled, "I heard. Why don't you just fuck her? You both need to get that anger out of the way before you can talk about your feelings. What better way to do that than sex. Everyone can sense the sexual tension between you guys."

"If I fuck her I'm done for. She's so good at fucking that I might just forgive her."

"And what's so bad about forgiving her?" His blue grey eyes held depths of knowledge.

I knew that look he was gonna lecture me.

"Don't start Santino."

"I didn't say anything," he defended himself.

"You've been giving me that look since we were kids. You always were a better person than me."