wolf; xiumin. (♡)

"í'm α wєrєwσlf, (ч/n)"
*°*

My eyes shot open and I immediately scrambled about to check the time.

3:24 A.M.

I blinked a couple of times to let my eyes adjust, the screen of my phone blurry due to it being the only light in my dark room. The soft patter of rain hitting the windows filled up the space calmly, and it could've lulled me back to sleep if I really wanted it to. But I couldn't figure out why the hell was I up so early. I don't remember having a nightmare.

I glanced at the window and could barely make out cool water droplets hammering against the glass and cascading down into wild, wet shapes. The sky was pitch black, dotted with a couple of twinkling stars here and there. As the clouds slowly drifted around the sky I could see a beautiful, yellow full moon making an appearance.

I was just about to come to the conclusion that I was just going crazy and head back to sleep when I heard it.

Barely.

A soft scratching sound coming from outside. It scraped against my window pane diligently, almost patiently. Like it was waiting for me to go investigate.

That didn't settle well in my stomach.

I turned over in my covers trying to ignore it, thinking it was probably a branch or something.

But the scrapes were calm and collected, one by one. It unnerved me how careful and calculated the sound was. I knew it couldn't be a small accident of nature, this was something with a functioning mind. The more I thought about it, the more it freaked me out.

I didn't want to go up to the window. I've seen enough horror movies to know how that ends. Sure, let me open the window and check and then there's nothing outside so I'll shrug it off and as soon as I turn around BAM I'm dead. Yeah, no thanks.

I decided to go check around outside. Grabbing a hoodie to shield myself from the rain, I rummaged around my closet for a baseball bat, then I quietly headed for the front door. My place wasn't big and elaborate, so I could still here the scratching coming from my room. As I carefully opened the door my heart beat started to pick up, and my grip on the bat tightened.

My face was greeted by the cold wind and water thrashing about. I didn't even realize it was raining harder until it was quite literally smacking me in the face. I pulled over my hoodie to keep the top of my head dry, but I knew that wouldn't really help my situation. The fabric absorbed the water quickly and the tips of my hair started to curl from the moisture.

I made my way around back to the bedroom window, heart hammering into my chest with every step. I pulled out my phone and turned on the flashlight, unbothered by the rain starting to cover the screen in wet specks. And there it was. The cause of my being drenched and sleep deprivation.