"Then there's no help for him," He pointed at the Japanese. "He smiles like—always." Johnny splayed his palm, a big smile appearing on his friend's face. Yuta's smiles were indeed beautiful.

"We call this yutiful." Johnny then did some ballerina moves, lifting his arms above his head and making a circle by letting them fall slowly on his lap while facing the ceiling with closed eyes. "A God-given gift to us."

"Ok enough of praising me." Yuta kicked him back, his cheeks tinting a bit in a reddish colour. Sicheng laughed. He wondered if the Japanese was secretly just a shy bean and Johnny wondered since when. But one look at the two and a smirk already glossed over his lips. Of course, it was all clear.

However, he will just let them be. For now.

✈✈✈

Taeil was more than enthusiastic as he watched the familiar black SUV making its way in his direction through the road covered in small rocks. He was hyped to see his mute friend again, although he couldn't really tell which part of his body the feeling came from.

"Good morning Mrs Kim." Taeil lightly bowed at the woman who just came out of the car. Second door that was on Taeil's side opened, and he came face to face with Doyoung.

"Hi." He grinned at him, the boy nodding back.

Taeil was already used to it and many other movements and sings, so instead of that making him feel insecure about their relationship, he knew the boy was actually just being friendly. And Taeil treasured it as he could see Doyoung trying to overstep his boundaries further and further.

"Will you be alright?" Doyoung's mom turned to her son, handing him a black backpack. The boy was a seemed to be more distant than usually.

She scanned his face with worry and all Taeil could do is smile. He noticed the genuineness in her gestures, how she held his hands and embraced him in a soft hug, how she observed him for the last time after pulling away. She was obviously afraid and Taeil didn't have to guess why. Doyoung was mute after all, and he supposed that there must've been rather terrible events leading to that point—he couldn't know it fully but his human instinct puzzled it out easily.

"Taeil?" The smooth voice of Mrs Kim pulled him out of his thoughts and he hummed in question "Yes?"

"Take care too." She said before turning on her heels and getting into the car.

That sentence left him confused even after she has ridden away already. Take care too?, he furrowed his eyebrows, yet a warm feeling came across his chest. Not take care of Doyoung, neither of my son—she trusted him enough to already count on that and instead showed worry about him. He felt like he was slowly becoming a part of something new.

The boy smiled sheepishly.

He again would get lost in his thoughts if it wasn't for a soft tug on his sleeve of his jacket snapping him out of it. Taeil realised that Doyoung was stepping on his place nervously, clearly waiting for him in the freezing cold. He cursed internally.

"Shall we go?"

Doyoung looked up, his blank face expressing it all. What kind of question that is?

Taeil cleared his throat and laughed nervously, sending a quiet 'follow me' to Doyoung.

They started heading towards the cottage while snow calmly danced around them. The scenery was sure breathtaking as they walked in the woods, the morning sun illuminating their way and its rays glittering on the icy surface. The sleeping trees stood still with benches covered in snow despite the soft breeze muffling the boys' hair, all greenery hiding under the white frozen powder.