031 || deaf

A/N: this is a bit different to the other chapters, it contains flashbacks

A/N: this is a bit different to the other chapters, it contains flashbacks. Some relatively disturbing themes so I guess TW? Contains abuse/a near death experience.

•••

"After you Mrs Barton" Clint sang, helping me out of the truck.

Due to Clint's job sensitivity we couldn't go on a honeymoon, so we decided to make the best of our time and have a lovely little getaway at our farm. No contact with SHEILD or the outside world. Just us in our little honeymoon cocoon.

"Why thank you Mr Barton" I replied in an equally sing-song tone.
I giggled as we walked back to the door, hands intertwined.
"Wait!" Clint yelled before I could step inside, "I have to do this the right way"

I felt my feet being swept from under me, Clint carrying me into the house bridal style as I giggled, wrapping my arms around his neck.
"I did have something really cute planned but I really just want to fuck my wife right now"
"Clint!" I gasped, faking a horrified British accent "how dare you speak that way to a refined lady such as I"
"Oh I apologise" he quipped, a sly grin on his face "let me rephrase : may I fuck you?"
I snorted, slapping his arm lightly.
"You may proceed"
"Shut up" he laughed, craning his neck down to attach his lips with mine, only breaking away from me as he gently threw me onto the sofa.
"Come over here husband of mine" I sniggered, pulling at his trousers eagerly.
"We have all the time in the world" he teased in response, letting me pull him towards me, so his hand was resting on the back of the sofa and his body loomed over me "but I'm an impatient man when it comes to you"
He leaned forward to reconnect our lips, igniting a passionate kiss, our hands exploring each other's bodies.

•••

After a few rounds we were both exhausted, and we found ourselves lying comfortably on the sofa in comfortable silence, Clint playing with my hair as I traced a finger over his chest.
"Clint?"
"Yeah?"
"Thanks for marrying me"
Clint chuckled, brushing my cheek with his thumb, before using it to angle my face towards him.
"Thanks for saying yes" he countered with a smile.

Grinning absentmindedly, I lifted my finger to trace over his features, a new habit I seemed to be developing. Clint closed his eyes, happily surrendering to my touch. An overwhelming feeling of happiness spread through me, making my grin grow even wider. My fingers drifted up his face, brushing some hair behind his ear.
I sighed as the sun filtered in through the window, hitting my bare back with a warm hue. My eye caught sight of a slightly-shiny opaque device in his ear, glistening in the sunlight.

"Wait what?" I murmured "Clint whats that?"
Clint's eyes burst open, a slightly alarmed look on his face at the change in my tone.
"What's what?" He asked
"That thing in your ear - has it always been there?"
He nodded, a slight look of shame shadowed on his face.
"How the fuck have I not noticed that before" I asked, angling his head so I could see the device more clearly.
"It's pretty hard to see" he shrugged quietly, his softened posture going rigid.
"What is it?"
"Nothing"
"Clint" I said firmly, holding his chin and turning it to look at me.
His eyes avoided mine, staring holes into my leg.