047 || critical

•••

•••

"Life functions critical"
Pepper held back a sob, forcing a strained smile on her lips.
"Nope" I said flatly, walking over to the couple, "Pep move"
"Grace-"
"Pep. Move."
She did as she was told.
"I'm sorry for this Tony, but you're not gonna die on me today" I murmured as I broke of the chest plate of his suit, exposing his bloodied chest. The rest of the suit followed, leaving him in shorts and a tattered T-shirt.
"Third degree burns on left arm up to the neck" I mumbled to myself, my hands searching for his pulse, "Are there any wakandans here?"
T'Challa stepped forward.
"Throw me your beads - actually I need one of those taser things as well please. Chop chop I have a dying man on my hands!" I shouted, not giving the slightest shit if I was being rude. I then moved my gaze to Pepper, "honey I need you to keep pressure on the side of his neck okay? I'm not gonna let him die here Pep I promise you"
I was interrupted by the King passing the items I had asked for. With a rushed nod I turned back to Tony, watching his shaky breaths come out in staggered timings.
"Pep when I say clear let go, okay?" I instructed, turning on the energy bracelets before setting my sights back on Tony's body.
"Clear"
The energy sent a jolt through Tony's body, a loud cough echoing from his lungs as he sat up straight, eyes wide with pain.
"I'm sorry" I said quietly, taking one of the beads off of the bracelet and pressing it to the hole in his neck that was left open, sealing the wound in a temporary fix, "I know it hurts, I'm sorry"
Rhodey hovered hopefully behind me, hands still resting on the sobbing shoulders of Spider-Man, asking me a silent question.
"Son'v'bitch" Tony growled, eyes fluttering as his body squirmed jarringly.

"We need med evac stat" I shouted, looking around for anyone who could help, being hit by a strong gust of wind as Pietro appeared in front of me.
"I can carry him to the nearest hospital-"
"I'll make a portal to Wakanda" Dr Strange interrupted, "If that's okay with his majesty"
"Of course, open it. Stark will be treated there"
A huge sigh of relief escaped Pepper as Rhodey helped Pietro hold Tony, the young man zooming off through the portal as soon as he was secure. Shuri and the rest of the wakandan's followed suit, leaving T'Challa behind.
"You are all welcome to come back, we can deliberate over dinner and celebrate the victory against the mad Titan" he announced, his booming voice carrying the same amount of authority that you remembered, "it would do us all well to talk with one another about these past five years"
I stood up, still shaking, to find Clint and Wanda approaching me.
"You did good" Clint stated, pulling me into a hug, his spare hand rubbing my arm in a calming motion, "it's over now. You saved him. You did it"
I just nodded, resting my head on Clint's shoulder as I let all the tension drain from my body. A small laugh escaped me as I felt Wanda's magic begin to calm me down, turning my head to face her, stepping out of Clint's embrace to look at her properly.
"We've missed you" i whispered, my hands cupping her cheeks gently.
"What about me?" Pietro asked cheekily, suddenly appearing at Clint's side.
"Oh shut up" he chuckled, pulling the teenager into a bear hug, "you know we mean you too"

"Talking about that"
I cleared my throat, walking over to Dr Strange hesitantly.
"Could you open two more portals? We're still missing some people"
He looked at me suspiciously, before nodding.
"Director Fury and Maria Hill should be here, I know Carol wants to see him. I'll catch up with him later"
"Very well"
He opened the portal next to Captain Marvel, the woman beaming as Nick walked through.
"And the other one?"

•••

"Mum!" Nathanael screamed, running towards me madly. I collapsed to my knees in a sob, gathering the little boy up in my arms as he raced through the portal, kissing all over his face.
I heard Clint let out a cry as he scooped up Lila and Cooper, the twins crowding around them as well.
As soon as I could find the strength in my legs, I shifted Nathanael to my hip and joined the huddle, my eyes finding Natasha's expectantly.
She was stood a few meters away, next to Bruce, a tearful smile on her face.
'Get over here' I mouthed.
Within a second she was running to join, being engulfed in the hug as she did so.
My family was back together, and it was perfect.

•••

A/N: one part left! If there's anything in particular you want to see let me know 🥰 (I do have a fun little surprise at the end but it's entirely self-serving so I'd be glad to hear your suggestions!)