“Just a napkin, huh?”

I quickly glance at him, seeing how he’s just gaping at that clipboard again.

“Yup.”

“Alright.”

“Alright.”

I clear my throat and decide to sit myself down in the chair for the patients.

“Are we going to start this session or what?” I say, wanting him to not test my patience much longer.

“Sure.”

I briefly close my eyes in relief, realizing that I celebrated too quickly when I see him grab a small trash bin.

He puts it my way.

“But first, why don’t you throw that napkin away.”

My eyes open and I begin to wonder how he even got certified in the first place. If he does this to each person, then wouldn’t they just get even angrier?

“What do you have against the friggin napkin?”

“What do you have against throwing the napkin away?”

I don’t say anything in response.

I know I must look like a fucking moron. I mean it is just a fucking napkin, but it’s the writing on it that I don’t want to throw away.

She wrote on it.

It’s the thing that we do and I don’t want anyone else knowing about it. I just want to have one thing that no one knows about for once. It’s as if nothing is really fucking special anymore because people find out and shit on it.

Not this time though.

This is special to me for some reason; this is mine.

“I’m not going to throw it away.” I say more sternly, sitting myself straight so he sees how serious I am about this.

“Mr. T-”

“No. Look. If you don’t believe me about the cigarette thing then I don’t know what else to tell you, alright.”

I take out the napkin, showing him the blank side before I rest it on my thigh.

“I don’t even know how this conversation got so intense anyway. I just came in here wanting to get this session over with and you’re here getting all angered about anything and everything and I apologize about the joke I was making in the beginning. I didn’t think you would make such a big fucking deal about it.” I speak my mind, not caring about holding back.