Arthur morgan x reader

Tumblr user: @ladyboltontoyou
You knew after a month, it was just something any woman knew. And the first thing that came to mind was dread. You knew it was Arthur's since there was no one else you'd been having sex with. But you also knew about his past. He wouldn't want another child, there was no way in hell. So what were you to do? While you thought you decided to keep the whole thing a secret. It was easy at first, but then the morning sickness happened. Almost every morning you'd wake up vomiting and that was enough to make Abigail suspicious. She confronted you one morning around four when you had woken her up. You were heaving out in the woods, close enough to her tent to wake her. "That's the seventh morning." She crossed her arms and watched you stumble to your feet. "When you gonna tell him?" "I'm not." You wiped your mouth and leaned against a tree for support. "He can't know. Remember-?" "Yes, I remember. But you're not her, you hear me? You need to tell that man. I know how much he loves you, (Y/N), it's different now. You gotta tell him now and get out while you can." When you looked at her with wide eyes she realized you thought she meant to end the pregnancy. "Not like that... Get out of this gang. You can't bring a baby into this life." You knew she was right. But the thought of telling Arthur made your heart hurt. "I'll tell him... I just need to think about how." Arthur wasn't an idiot. He had his suspicions, but when you started showing he immediately knew. It was only a slight change so no one else could unless they stared at you as much as Arthur. "When were you going to tell me?" You dropped the basket of apples you were carrying and tried to laugh off the confrontation. "Arthur! You scared me!" He wasn't amused. "I can't believe this. How long were you going to hide this from me, (Y/N)?" You looked away and dropped the act, rubbing your arms awkwardly. "I have no good answer." Arthur shook his head and didn't bother hiding his disgust. "You gonna keep it?" Shock made itself clear on your face. It? That's what he thought of your baby? Maybe you were right to keep the pregnancy a secret. "Please don't be mad, Arthur. Yes, I'm going to keep them." Relief flooded over Arthur and he pulled you into a hug. "That's all I needed to hear. I know the answer to this already, but-" "Yes, they're yours." You said as you hugged him back with a warm heart, you were so relieved to know he wasn't mad. The fears of him not wanting the child disappeared, you had no idea why you were so scared in the first place. Were you really worried about Arthur? The kindest man you'd ever met, doing what? Leaving? As if. It was probably the pregnancy hormones that made you feel so skeptical and worried. After the confrontation you let a few other people know just so they could help you with your plan. You knew Dutch would never let Arthur leave the gang without guilt-tripping him to come back, so you had to make him think something else. You told John, Sadie, Tilly, and Hosea since they were the only ones you trusted enough to tell. Anyone else you were sure would slip up if they got drunk enough or were confronted. They all helped you to pack your things and find somewhere far away to go, all without Dutch, Micah, or anyone else noticing. "Thank you, so much." You tried not to cry as you hugged Hosea. He had been like a grandfather to you and it pained you to leave. "Don't start the waterworks, you know we'll come and visit you." He comforted you as he hugged you back, still holding the reins of your horse. "Yeah, of course we will. Right, Abigail?" John said with his arm around his wife, the both of them were close to tears as well. She nodded and sniffed, pulling herself closer to her husband. "Don't you doubt it for a second, girl." Sadie said and hugged you after you and Hosea parted. "We gotta see our little Morgan Jr, don't we?" You smiled wide at that. Someone to pass down the Morgan name. Or yours, if you decided you'd want that. "Oh, I just can't wait to meet them." Tilly said in a happy day-dreamy voice. "Come on, we better go now, before someone notices we're all gone." Arthur said and picked you up to set you on your horse. "Goodbye!" You waved to the small group of people and almost burst into tears when they waved, watching you leave. "You know, I was a little scared you would run off without me." Arthur admitted as he rode his own horse beside you. "Arthur, wherever you go, I go." You said, then smiled. "Plus, I've got your baby now. Good luck getting rid of me." "You say that like I'd ever want to!"