Astrid laughed, reaching across and punching her lightly on her shoulder.

The two women conversed as they ate, catching up on each other's lives while also reminiscing their days at the Magic Academy. While Elsa had been in the Magical Abilities section, Astrid had been studying in the Magical Animals section where she trained her dragon, Stormfly. The two didn't hang out a lot, mainly because they were in different sections and because Elsa spent all of her free time studying in the library while Astrid spent her time with her other friends, including Hiccup. But they were roommates for a long time and they would sometimes grab a cup of coffee or eat lunch together as they explained their adventures and progress in the Academy.

Elsa treasured Astrid's friendship a lot, especially since it was because of her support during the first few races that Elsa was able to stay sane even after the immense amount of pressure. And Astrid had mutual feelings about her friendship with Elsa because she could confide her problems to Elsa, knowing she wouldn't judge or tease her, or tell about her problems to anyone else.

After a lengthy conversation, they finally decided to call it a day and head to bed. Astrid walked Elsa to her room and after sharing a hug, with Elsa requesting Astrid to pass on her best wishes to Hiccup for his race, Astrid returned to her own room.

Closing the door, Elsa sighed, wishing she could have had more time with Astrid before she shook her head and flopped down on her bed. She looked up when she heard her phone ring, notifying her about a message.

'Anna: Take good rest. We have a surprise for you XD'

Breathing out one last sigh, Elsa rolled over and pulled the blankets over herself, drifting into a dreamless slumber.

.....

"Okay, let's check through the list one last time. Elsa's house?" 

Jack lifted his notepad with a pen in his other hand, looking at the others expectantly.

"Check." Rapunzel nodded.

"All of your houses?"

"Check."

"Lights?"

"Check."

"Rink and Snacks?"

"Check."

"The shops?"

"Check, I guess." She looked warily at Merida's shop decorated with swords.

"Bessie?"

"As clean as ever." Flynn interrupted, smudges of grease and dirt all over his face and hands.

"Go take a goddamn shower." Jack glared at him. "You're the only one who's not ready."

"Wait," Merida stepped forward and crossed her arms, wearing an emerald green dress, "you're telling me you're gonna surprise her while wearing that?" She gestured to his whole appearance.

"Excuse me?" Jack furrowed his eyebrows, slightly offended. "What's wrong with this?"

"You do realise that you're decked in black from neck to toe, right?" She raised an eyebrow.

"So?"

"What she's trying to tell," Rapunzel stepped between them before they could start pulling each other's hair out, "is that you look the exact same when you crashed the rink, Jack. And I gotta admit, Elsa isn't the type to fall for the 'bad boy' types." She smiled hesitantly.

Jack took her words into consideration and looked at himself in the mirror. He hadn't even realised it when he had dressed up in the morning but as they had stated, he was indeed wearing all black. He pursed his lips in thought before he turned to Anna.