Chapter 12

"What?" Jack blinked, becoming blank for a second.

"I asked whether you like my sister?" Anna rolled her eyes.

"Um, yeah. I mean, she did tell that we're at least friends now and I respect and admire her a lot-"

"I meant romantically."

"Oh." Jack paused, his mind flashing with all the almost-kisses and other moments they'd had. "Of course not."

"Is that so?" Anna muttered, her face showing a mixture of relief and sadness, though Jack had no idea how both the emotions could appear at the same time.

"Yeah." He convinced himself.

"Do you plan on hurting her?"

"What? Why would I?!" Jack raised an eyebrow. "Like- yeah, I did hate her when I first came here coz she is the one who made me stay here -I still haven't forgiven her for that- but given everything she's gone through, I can kinda understand her skepticism and that Mr Moon might've punished her more if she had just let me go."

Everyone looked surprised at his words, their eyes wide and eyebrows raised, and Flynn even had his jaw dropped.

"Well," Rapunzel spoke up, breaking everyone out of their shock, "that's sweet of yo-"

"But that doesn't mean I'm happy with staying here either," Jack cut in. "I'm just waiting to finish this whole business with the rink so that I can get to my race in time! I'm probably on the news everywhere as we speak!"

"Seriously dude?" Flynn deadpanned.

Jack smirked. "Why are we even talking about this? It's not like I'm gonna stay here forever. I'm almost done with the rink, I have just a few more things to take care of and after that, I'll be out of here before any of you can even blink."

And after that, Jack turned and walked to his room.

He fell on his bed, staring up at the ceiling as his heart started eating him up. He sighed when he reran his last words in his head, his brain showing him flashes of when Elsa had comforted him after he told her about himself.

If it had been me from three years ago, I'm pretty sure I would've become great friends with all of them by now...

'if you like who you are, then it means you are being yourself.' 'It's your decision if you want to change some aspects of yours.' She had said.

I guess this cockiness is one aspect I would love to get rid of... But it literally has become my defense mechanism from when the other trainees made fun of me for being poor...

He groaned loudly and flipped over to lie down on his stomach. He buried his face in his pillow, trying to forget all that was going on in his head.

Think of something positive...
Think of something happy...