Chapter 6

Jack managed to catch himself upright using his powers, but he couldn't control his powers properly since he didn't have his staff, which meant that he wasn't able to hold himself in the air for long. He quickly grabbed on to the ladder and started climbing up.

This passage sure is small...

He reached the top and groaned when he found the door closed. He tried pushing it but quickly retreated his hands when he started losing balance on the ladder.

Why is this door so damn heavy and WHY IS THERE SO LITTLE SPACE IN HERE?

Groaning to himself, Jack started climbing down and quickly reached the bottom. He walked forward carefully, looking around the small passage, just before he slipped and fell. He groaned to himself as he stood up, trying to look for a way out, with no success.

What the hell am I gonna do now?

Jack just stood there, trying to think of a solution until he heard some sort of sound coming from ahead. Forgetting about his current situation, he walked on and found Elsa doing something, crystal-clear pipes visible on the high ceiling.

"Wow, that ice sure looks gorgeous," Jack called out.

Elsa snapped her attention towards his voice before her annoyed expression returned again.

"What are you doing down here, Frost?" She asked, turning back to her work.

"Woah, is it wrong for me to help someone out?" He joked and he walked closer.

"You helping someone out? Hard to believe." Elsa rolled her eyes.

"Geez, I'm not that bad! I'm just selective about the people I wanna help." Jack shrugged.

"Wow, I must be honoured that I'm added in that list." Elsa mocked him.

"Look, the only reason I'm here is that Flynn Freakin Rider managed to trip over his own feet and pushed me down the hole. Not because I wanna help you or anything" Jack muttered, staring at the pipes.

"Oh really? Is that so? 'Cause I remember you asking me whether it was wrong for you to help me," Elsa commented.

"I was joking."

"Yeah, right."

"Whatever, the door is closed which means you're stuck with me right now. Isn't there another way to go up there? I'm not able to open it from the top of the ladder." Jack informed.

"The most famous person in the world is unable to open a door. Quite some news, isn't it?" Elsa smirked.

"I'm a racer, not a wrestler or damned bodybuilder." Jack rolled his eyes.

"Well, if that's the case then how about you help me?"

Jack snapped his eyes back at her to check whether she was being serious. And when he saw that she wasn't joking, he quickly held up his hands in the universal sign of surrender.

"This job needs ice powers. I'm not really good at it, even with my staff in my hands. I prefer using my wind magic more." He shrugged. Elsa turned away, staring at the pipes as she spoke.

"You should be lucky that you've got two powers. It's not common to see people possessing two magical powers," Elsa whispered, though her voice was heard loud and clear in the small space.