Chapter 8

"Dude, still how much longer are you gonna 'practice'?" Kristoff groaned, emphasizing the word 'practice'.

"Just a few more hours!" Jack yelled before he shot into the sky again.

"You've been saying that for the whole day from six in the morning! It's already eight in the evening for God's sake! Come on, let's leave!" Kristoff yelled back.

Jack huffed in anger and frustration at himself, failing yet again to make the perfect turn. He came down and cleared the ground which was covered with snow, before turning to Kristoff, who had already started the motorbike.

This is a perfect chance for me to escape... Elsa and Flynn as not here which means I really can escape...

But...

The argument between Anna and Manny, the sight of Elsa's basement and surprisingly Elsa's smiling face before her sad and disturbed expression flashed before his eyes.

Let's delay that for a while...

"I still don't know why you were forced to come with me today," Jack stated.

"Well, Flynn had to put up with you all these days and he wanted a day off so Elsa asked me to escort you for today," Kristoff shrugged.

The rest of the ride was silent and they reached the rink soon enough. Kristoff told Jack to go ahead and sit with the others and Jack nodded before he made his way to the supper hall.

"Jack," Elsa called out just before he could enter. Jack stopped, turned around and saw her walking towards him with her head bent. Memories of the previous day rushed into his brain, but he forced himself to concentrate.

"Yes, Snowflake?" He asked.

Elsa stopped in front of him, a look of uncertainty on her face before she sighed and finally looked up at him. "Can I talk to you?"

"Um, sure?" He replied, confused at why she wanted to talk to him all of a sudden.

"Uh, I need to talk to you alone." She specified.

Jack just raised an eyebrow, before he followed Elsa to her house. She signalled him to sit down and he flopped himself on the couch as he looked around at all the pictures on the walls.

Elsa stood against a table in the corner, her arms crossed as she stared at the floor. They stayed like that for a few seconds before Jack cleared his throat.

"So...what's up?" He asked awkwardly.

"I just... wanted to apologize," Elsa admitted.

"Eh?" Jack blinked, genuinely confused and surprised.

"The other day- after the race when Manny and Anna had a fight, remember we were on the roof? You tried to help me- but I just yelled at you," She explained guiltily, "So I just wanted you to know that I'm truly sorry for my behaviour that night. It was- it was really really rude of me and you didn't deserve that just because you were being nice enough to support me."

Jack just blinked in shock, unable to believe that she was actually apologizing. Sure, he had been mad at her for the rest of the night but he forgot about it later on. And she was being polite and apologizing just because he had invaded her privacy for which she had yelled at him. Goodness, if he had to say sorry to people for being rude, he had a whole country's worth population to apologize to.