Chapter 2

God, please let Jamie be alright...

This is my fault... those horses were after me... I should've stayed...!

Jack ignored his conscious and trudged on, his bag slumped on one shoulder while his staff rested against the other. He had long since given up flying, as the trees and branches kept coming in the way. But flying over the trees ould probably get him spotted so that was a no go.

He kept walking with no aim, munching on an apple which he found in the bag. He had been surprised when he had found some food and a water bottle in his bag, remembering how Jamie had thrown only his clothes and some other things which he would need, but then he realised that North must have had this arranged just in case anything happened on the way.

And knowing that he was getting nowhere, Jack had given up all hope that he would find any human habitat. He had already started thinking about what he would do later on.

Probably find a suitable branch and fall to his death.

But of course, he was just exaggerating.

Nah, can't do that... Then I can't win the Tachyons cup... And Emma...

Keeping that as his only reason to get out alive, he trudged on and finally, after hours of walking, Jack saw some light ahead. The corners of his lips lifted in a grin before he picked up his speed and ran ahead. And before he knew, he had started flying towards the source of the light, unaware of the strong winds he had caused behind him in his haste to get there.

His powers, which were based on his emotions, made the winds intense as too much relief and happiness washed over him. All of a sudden, his powers unknowingly started something like a mini-tornado behind him and Jack, not aware of it following him, just blindly flew towards the light.

He stopped when he saw that it was not a city, as he had hoped, but was rather an empty Ice Skating Rink, with shops all around it. Jack, flew over to the middle of the rink, looking around in confusion and still not aware of the god-damned storm he had caused. His eyebrows furrowed when he saw a road right next to the rink, going through the forest. But then he grew even more confused when he heard some rustling sounds behind him.

He turned and saw that the winds he had caused had formed a mini-tornado thingy, small yet strong, and was heading right towards him. Looking around and not knowing what to do, Jack shot up into the air, and could only see the forest everywhere. He would have flown even higher to catch a glimpse of some city or something but after running for an hour, he was left exhausted and tired, and he had already eaten all the food in his bag. So, sighing in defeat, he came down a bit and tried gaining control of the tornado thing. But instead of vanishing it or at least guiding it away, he accidentally made it bigger. The winds became even stronger and started lifting up several objects. And one of them was a huge, huge stone. The thing came flying and was right in the middle of the rink already.

Jack tried his best to make the winds weaker and smaller and finally, after trying a lot, the tornado became smaller and was almost vanishing, when the stone fell hard on the ice, creating a loud noise and breaking the whole rink. Jack's eyes widened when he saw the lights get switched on in the shops, and doors started opening. He looked around wildly and found his bag fallen in front of one of the shops. He quickly flew towards it, grabbed it and was just about to fly away, when the door opened in front of him.

Jack gulped as he looked up, and met with wide and sleepy green eyes. The girl just stared at him for a moment, before she screamed, brought something from behind her back, and before he knew it, Jack's world turned black.

.....

"Hey man, wake up! !"

Jack's eyebrows furrowed. He slowly ad painfully opened his eyes and tried to sit up, but immediately regretted the attempt when his head started throbbing as if a hundred elephants had trampled all across his head.