His mind wandered to what could happen if he took of the mask-Sera would find out he was the masked student. All the students would find out who he is. They'd be so afraid of him.

John realized that Sera, being logical, would already put the pieces together and know that he was the masked student.

She'll think I really am a monster.

I'm not a good person.

But I did beat them up for a reason.

It seems like the whole thing about Sera knowing I'm the masked student won't even matter anymore. She already put two and two together.

John's inner thoughts contradicted each other, from him not caring and then freaking out over it.

I don't want everyone to learn my ability.

I can't have that happen. Everyone would know who I am, and I wish to destroy the hierarchy but with my identity to be kept a secret.

John's irrational thoughts engulfed him completely, and the only logical solution in his mind was to run.

John sprinted, looking for the exit. Adrenaline coursed through his veins as his shoes pounded heavily, running fast enough to cause the wind to whip his mask and face.

Students glared at him while others looked at him in sheer terror, trembling at every step he took as it was quicker than the last.

In the corner of his eye, he saw a student who stuck out his arm, whether it was to rip the mask off him or hit him, he mimicked Seraphina's ability and froze him. The lilac-haired teenager's eyes widened as she tried to move, scream, screech, anything. She was frozen in place; nearly her whole body was gray as a result of her boldness.

John rushed past the crowd of students, attempting to avoid each of them, pushing and shoving the students who hadn't moved out of the way. Unfortunately for John, that was the majority of the students. There were countless students whose lips quivered and bodies shook at the sight of the masked teenager who had been beating up countless high-tiers and pummeled even the strongest ones.

John's feet were moving exceptionally quick, and then a green-haired teen stuck out his foot and tripped him, completely ignoring that John had just pummeled the strongest students in Wellston. John fell forward, falling to the ground with a loud "Thud!" He put his arms out in front of him, breaking his fall.

A grimace appeared on John's face as his eyes glowed a menacing gold.

A blonde teen with bangs and two pigtails tugged violently and ripped off the black mask, revealing John. The blonde's eyes widened in utter shock as she realized who the masked teen was—the school's so-called 'cripple!' Out of all the students it could've been, it was the school cripple?

Arlo rolled his eyes, basically unfazed by the reveal. He had already long known John was the masked student, running around the school 'like a maniac', in his words.

Seraphina felt a pang her chest as she realized who the masked student was. John had been a bright light in her life, being the only person she had looked forward to. Yet no was a time where pain overwhelmed her body, feeling betrayal all over again. Although she had been lied to, Seraphina thought he would've told her the truth about everything. But then again, there were some things in everybody's life that they didn't want to share with others, whether it was from embarrassment, too personal, or not wanting others to worry about them. Despite her contradicting thoughts, Seraphina felt too betrayed at the moment to care why he had hidden this from her.

John's eyes widened in utter horror as he noticed students staring at him in pure fear. He froze as thoughts poured into his brain all at once.

Not... not New Bostin all over again!

Everyone would look at me in sheer horror!

Every action I made was wrong.

All I heard was their stupid gossiping and talking behind my back about everything I did. I just wanted all of them to shut up! Please, not Wellston as well...!

Fear flashed through the whole crowd of students, many recalling them beating up John. Now, they feared for their lives as they worried he would come for them as part of his sweet revenge.

"Tat."

The only rational action in John's mind was to run at that very moment.

"Tat."

Which is what he did.

Author's Note!
A big thank you to UnOrdinaryBookWorm2 for helping me with this chapter!
Hope you enjoyed the chapter!
-Lemoinx