Prologue: The Disaster

"Prince Astral! Prince Black Mist!" a servant called to the twin children. "Hurry! They are almost upon us!!"

Blue and black twins scurried out of their rooms. They had arched hair with mismatched eyes. They had small, simple armletts and anklets that went from elbow to wrist, knee to ankle. They also wore a headdress with an s-looking piece hanging off on their foreheads.

The older one was blue with a white right eye and a gold left eye. He had diamond-like markings above his eyes and on his cheeks. The markings covered some of his torso and back, arms and legs. His name was Prince Astral.

The younger one was completely black with red markings starting at his forehead and swirling down to the bottom of his eyes. His right eye was black, and his left was the same gold color as his twin's. Besides those markings, everything else was the same. His name was Prince Black Mist.

The twins took the hands of the servant and followed him to their mother and father, King Godith and Queen Kia.

Godith was a golden spirit with gold eyes with a tinge of white. He had the royal cape of the king with a golden sword sheathed at his side. He had white hair that was waist high. It was tied into a ponytail so as not to get in his way.

Kia was a slender, white and black spirit. She had golden eyes with a tinge of black. Her hair was black at the top and faded into white as it went down. She had a white gown with black trimming.

Godith immediately took the children and nodded at the servant.

"Thank you, Zuek."

Zuek nodded. "It is an honor, your highness." He drew his sword and quickly left to the battle.

Black Mist hugged Astral. "Daddy, what's gonna happen to us?"

Astral stroked his younger twin's hair soothingly. "Will we fall to them?"

"Absolutely not!" Kia exclaimed. "Do not think such rash things!"

The royal family rushed out of the castle through the secret exit. They planned to do this, even the council agreed it to be a good idea. It was imperative to keep the royal family safe. There, a sorcerer was there to escort them to another world.

"King Godith, Queen Kia," the sorcerer said with a curt nod. "The portal is ready."

"Good," Godith said. "Kia, go first."

Kia was about to enter the portal when a sudden blade stabbed her heart. Astral and Black Mist screamed in terror and hugged each other. Godith went immediately into action, hacking away at the attacker.

"Astral, Black Mist, go now!" Godith yelled. "I will catch up! Go!"

"This way, young highnesses." The sorcerer ushered the two into the portal.

Not long after, Godith followed with no one else and nothing to show for the battle except for the blood on him.