Chapter 17

~.Human POV.~

Yuma emerged out of the vent into a space that looked like outside. It was all wrong, though. It was a decaying forest with dead or dying trees, and the whole place stank of rot! Again with the rot!

Play with usssss...

You will never escape heeeerree...

Yuma kept his mouth and nose covered as he walked cautiously through. No telling where those voices were coming from.

Yuuuuumaaaaa...

Come heeeerreeee...

Plaayyyy with uuusss...

Those children voices were annoying. What were children doing here anyways?

Wait, there can't be kids here! Yuma thought to himself. This must be a mind trick. With that thought in mind, he walked along without listening to the children. They insisted on talking, though. He wondered how long he would have to be in this madhouse.

~.Royal POV.~

Clash!!

Astral didn't know how many more blows he could block. He was growing more and more fatigued by the blow. He didn't think it would be this quick!

"Growing tired, young one?" Wattchimera chuckled. He prowled arounf the prince, his strides long and powerful. "I knew you would. Through your blade, I can transfer my own electricity, even through that 'insulation' you have there!"

Astral's arms felt like they couldn't hold up the sword anymore. It was just like when he was a child.

~.Flashback.~

Little Astral looked up at his father. Black Mist was with him. At this time, they were in the human world, and Godith called them over for an important matter.

"Yes, Father?" Astral asked.

"I have noticed that you two have been playing with dangerous elements: fire and lightning. Can you explain to me what that is all about?" He looked at his sons with an expression that said that they had better get explaining.

Black Mist hid behind his older brother when their father gave them that look. Astral just kept on staring.

"We can control fire and lightning, Father. Didn't you know?"

"No, I didn't."

"W-we didn't wa-want to make you mad, F-Father..." Black Mist whispered from behind his brother. "We-we kept it a-a s-secret..."

Astral held his father's steady gaze. "Father, we are not sorry for keeping it a secret."

After a long time of staring, King Godith roared with laughter. The brothers shared a confused glance.

"Father?" they said simultaneously.

"Why didn't you tell me before?" he laughed. "I could have trained you two with the swords!"

"The swords?" They once again spoke in unison.

"Come with me, and you will see." Godith waved them over and walked off with a wave of his cape. The boys followed their father.

Godith opened a door that held two dull-looking swords. They were gray with metal hilts.

"I will have to modify them for flames and electricity, primarily the handles and the blades," the king mused. "Other than that, you will be given these swords as they are. You two will insert the lightning and flames to make them yours."

The boys' eyes sparkled with awe. Was it really possible? Would they be able to make these swords theirs?

~.~.~

Godith was training them one at a time. At the moment, he was training Astral, who was having trouble lifting his sword.

"Why is it so heavy?" he grunted.

"The metal core has a magnetic field to keep the electricity there. This will make your strength grow as well," Godith explained, raising his own. "With enough practice, you will be able to use it efficiently like me."

"Father, how long will it take?"

"A long time. Now, raise it up."

Astral once again tried to raise his sword, succeeding with trembling arms. "Okay," he strained.

Godith smiled. "Good." He put the sword in front of him, facing his side toward his son and holding the sword with one hand. "Now, do this."

Astral copied his father with a questioning stare. "Why, Father? This feels silly."

"This may feel silly, but it is the starting stance of a battle," Godith explained. "By making your side face the opponent, you have become a smaller target. That way, you will not be hit easily."

The young boy nodded. "Makes sense." Then, he frowned. "How do I hold it with one hand?"

"You don't. I can because I am strong enough to carry it. Strength to hold the blade comes with years of practice and endurance."

Black Mist, who was sitting on a chair at the sidelines spoke up. "Father, will we be able to beat you in a fight?" he asked, swinging his legs eagerly. His sword was in a rubber scabbard by the chair.

"Of course!" Godith laughed. "When you become strong and are able to fight effortlessly, then you two may duel me."

"No, Father! I mean one-on-one!" Black Mist giggled.

"One-on-one? Well, that will need more practice. After all, I am the master swordsman here!"

The two children laughed. They loved it when their father was laughing and being funny like this. EVer since they left their world, he grew serious because their mother died. He's been getting mad for every little thing they did that was dangerous.

"I love you, Daddy," both boys said with a smile.

Godith returned their smile. "I love you, too."

~.End of Flashback.~

Yes, he still loved his father. He trained him to use this sword, so he would do his best to at least survive this.

Astral lifted his sword with both arms like he did when he was a child. With shaking arms, he would defend himself.

Wattchimera laughed a roaring laugh. "Still standing? Well, I suppose that one must die with honor!" He slashed a paw at the prince.

As usual, Astral blocked it. He screamed in agony when the lightning made contact with his hands and all over his body. He fell to his knees, his eyes wide, his breathing rapid, and his body convulsing violently. He now knew how his victims felt before they died, except he had it worse. He lived through that, and it was painful.

"The next blow will result in death!" Wattchimera declared, raising his tail. The snake at the end hissed viciously.

Astral couldn't take any more. He smiled. He was at least glad that he told Yuma his feelings.

The snake rushed at him.

~.Captives POV.~

Black Mist's eyes widened. The snake took a huge bite out of Astral's side. Astral screamed and cried in pain, his eyes widening and his pupils contracting to small dots.

"BROTHER!!!!" he cried, tears streaming down his face.

Akari saw what was going on, and she was crying a little, too. She knew she would do the same if Yuma was dead.

Black Mist leaned against Akari, sobbing. Akari allowed him to cry into her shoulder. What sick, demented people, she thought bitterly while Lady Shila laughed her ass off.

Yuma's love is gone~! Just wait a while, though!